Seagate - a sick joke by raistlin

raistlin
Seagate seem to have an odd sense of humour.

I returned a hard drive to Seagate under warranty a month ago. I had to pay for the courier. I heard nothing from them and their website tracker showed the drive hadn't arrived... it still shows the same thing.

I had to contact them and they came up with the stock answer that the drive hadn't been received leaving the onus on me to prove that it had been received and signed for.

Once I'd provided them with proof they suddenly found it but still haven't sent me a replacement.

The joke?

I've just received an e-mail asking me to tell them HOW WELL THEY DID.

To put things into context, the last time I had a failed drive under warranty was a Western Digital device, which resulted in a replacement being on my doorstep within 24 hours.

Somebody at Seagate thinks they are a comedian. I bet they don't get back to me regarding the questionnaire I duly completed though.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jul 2014, 16:36 #1 

ceedy
I had 6 seagates fail in my NAS over a period of 5-6 months all with the same error, all replaced by the Seller..

All were advrrtised as a 1 tb per disc solution, yet these 2 TB had 3 discs??, never could get an anwer out of Seagate as why their maths is a bit off ?

I accused them of selling faulty 3 TB's with fudged firmware.. and they never denied it ??

All replaced with WD RED's and working faultlessly .

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 24 Jul 2014, 06:50 #2 

raistlin
Just had a PDF document from Seagate.

It tells me they are returning the drive unrepaired because the serial number is not the one the RMA applies to.

The thing is, they list the serial number they expected and also the serial number of the drive they received... and guess what?

It's the same bleeping serial number in both cases, printed out, large as life, on their own bleeping document.

I get the impression that they think they can piss me off so that I'll go away.

Well, if that is the case, they are wrong :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Jul 2014, 19:00 #3