Royal Mail are at it again by raistlin

raistlin
I don't like Royal Mail. I think I've made that clear on previous occasions. They've now come up with another 0845 money spinner.

First of all, they lose, or mislay, an important document.

Then, they tell you "We have your item" when you check the recorded delivery tracking web page.

OK, so eventually, after two weeks, you're getting a bit concerned so you phone up the 0845 number on the recorded delivery receipt.

Of course, it's all "automated". I use their choice of word owing to the fact that I tend to assume that automation is there to help and not to drive one to suicidal despair.

"Please say your reference number" ... "Please let me check I have that correct"

Six soddin' times I've been through that routine, each time having to endure a somewhat judgemental finger-wagging from the nice recorded lady for being silly enough not to follow their instructions.

OK, so, tell me, how does the pronunciation of the letters K F, end up being recorded by them as T R?

Is this perhaps, as well as a money spinner, a way to wear down the poor hapless unfortunate whose letter they've lost so that he or she just gives up the unequal struggle of human against machine. It's almost as debilitating as talking to a civil servant ;)

There appears to be no way of actually talking to a sentient carbon-based life form at Royal Mail. ARE there any sentient carbon-based life forms at Royal Mail?

Does anybody on this forum work for Royal Mail?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Dec 2013, 20:20 #1 

JohnDotCom
I find similar with car parks Paul, when you phone up to give registration details, after 4 attempts at JDC I give up! You wouldn't believe the different letters I get each time from some annoying computer female voice.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Dec 2013, 20:35 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)

Posted 02 Dec 2013, 20:41 #3 

raistlin
Thanks Mick.

Nice to see you on the forum John. Improving?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Dec 2013, 21:40 #4 

JohnDotCom
raistlin wrote:Thanks Mick.

Nice to see you on the forum John. Improving?

I'm not sure my Shrink would say that, uppers and downers, thanks Paul.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Dec 2013, 00:01 #5 

podge
Ditto "Nice to see you John " .Take care .

Posted 03 Dec 2013, 17:54 #6