Rover Dust Caps by Dallas

Dallas
Has anyone seen these!...... sorry if they have been posted before...... :em:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120546048335&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D120546048335%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I dont think any of us will have the problem with these Dust Caps being stolen etc etc, as no youngster these days would want to sport the ROVER logo...... :lol: :lol:

oh! and I will try to re-frame from posting the same thing on the other :confused: :o :oops:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 20:11 #1 

Rammie
Dallas wrote:
oh! and I will try to re-frame from posting the same thing on the other :confused: :o :oops:

Ooooh! does that mean you are now committed to the Community at the expense of the other one?? ;)

By the way Wes, those valve Caps look good but I seem to recall that some of these can corrode on the stem making it nigh impossible to remove them when you want to, not sure it applies to these though, they seem quite well made. :|
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 20:20 #2 

RRobson
if they are properly chrome plated, or not aluminium, then there shouldnt be a problem with corrosion. generally, it is the reaction between two disimilar metals which cause the corrosion, and tends to affect aluminium the worst. if they are chrome plated, chances are the base metal will be brass, not aluminium, and shouldnt cause any problems if the plating cracks, but nothing stopping anyone putting a layer of grease in the cap to prevent it :)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 20:26 #3 

Dallas
Yeah! they look nice but not sure if I'll get any..... I need some nice good looking wheels first.... :lol:

I think most peeps put some copper grease or dare I say it! Vaseline :o just around the thread to stop them getting stuck....

............ now as for committing! :lol: :? :shock: :o :em: :confused: :gmc: :bed:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 20:28 #4 

Chiffon Huileux
I had a set similar to those on my old 414.Image

And yes they still got nicked by thieving little toe rags. Image

Quick get me to the mellow room Image
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 20:31 #5 

Duncan
Like you say, if plated, probably brass not aluminium. But not certain. It is entirely possible to chrome plate aluminium.

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 12:20 #6 

RRobson
Duncan wrote:Like you say, if plated, probably brass not aluminium. But not certain. It is entirely possible to chrome plate aluminium.

quite correct, it is even possible to plate plastic (even though the process and materials used are totally different) from what i understand, brass is a much more desierable material to plate, as it takes to the process much easier. also, due to the thickness of the base metal, it shouldnt make too much of a difference in terms of balance, and you certainly wouldnt notice a couple of grams out.
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 16:13 #7 

takestock
Seen these before, pretty certain they are alluminium, fit them at your peril chaps :panic:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 18:53 #8