RIP Robert Robinson by kandyman

kandyman
Robert Robinson, the veteran broadcaster and presenter, has died at the age of 83.

In a career spanning five decades, he presented a wealth of radio and television programmes for the BBC.

They included Ask the Family, Stop the Week and Call My Bluff. Mr Robinson also had a stint presenting Radio 4's Today programme.

He died in St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, after a long period of ill health.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 12:42 #1 

Dave
Thought he'd gone years ago.....

I'd have put him as a contemporary of Frank Muir, who was also on Call My Bluff, but he died in 1998 aged 77, so if he'd have still been here now, he'd have been 90, so a fair bit older than RR

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 12:58 #2 

Dave
Here's a thing: It's frightening how fast the Internet moves.....

On Wikipedia, under his entry, it says, "He was the father of the actress Lucy Robinson" ("is" changed to "was" today). And there's already a quote from her sister about RR

Under her entry it says, "Her father was the journalist and presenter Robert Robinson" (again, "is" to "was" today....)

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 13:06 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Probably the best quizmaster of all time sorely missed. RIP

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 13:08 #4 

MGBev
RIP Robert. We were regular Call My Bluff viewers in our house.

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 11:25 #5 

JohnDotCom
They certainly don't make them like they use to. RIP
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 12:24 #6 

Tourerfogey
Is this actually true . . . or is he bluffing?

:gmc:

RIP Robert Robinson.

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 13:00 #7 

Dave
Wonder how old he was in the photo above? That combover was timeless and meant he never used to look any different!

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 16:17 #8