Rev limiter? by Borg Warner

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Borg Warner
Not a 75 or ZT issue but one on my Freelander. When I use kickdown, if I press it to the floor it appears to drop down 2(?) gears hits the red line changes up and it's like hitting a brickwall, it's as if the rev limiter has activated, revs drop to about 3 and a half? Ease off the pedal and it changes up and away it goes. If I accelerate from a standstill the same happens? Now I don't do this very often and I'm sure it didn't happen in the past. Gearbox has had solenoids and fluid changed and is very good in all other aspects. So is this a gearbox issue or an engine management one.

Have asked on a Landy forum and they seem to think it's normal - I'm not convinced???

Gary M.

Posted 20 Aug 2015, 22:12 #1 

Borg Warner
Well whilst having a spare hour today decided to remove the larger than a ZT/75 engine cover just to see if there was anything obvious; frayed throttle cable perhaps, chaffed wire maybe or a split hose of some description? None of these, but I did find a jubilee clip missing off one of the small hoses that connect to the injector air supply, pipe was almost floating in mid-air. Could it be that simple???? Anyway new clip fitted and a quick wiz up and down the A14. Success.

Patently left off when I had the belts done. Tut tut tut.

Just wondering if I'd taken it back with the problem how much they would have charged me for a new box? Would have been a very expensive jubilee clip.

Gary M.

Posted 25 Aug 2015, 22:01 #2