Real shame, free car, lost in France by goodlittlewifey

goodlittlewifey
Got a phone call from Bigruss today to let us know our old car,that we had for 7 years is now stuck in France and likely to go to French scrapyard any day now,unless someone can go and get the car, Digsbydad (on other side) put a post up,saying there was a problem with the clutch,and didnt have european breakdown cover,so couldnt get it home,
mot ran out in Oct 2015, seems a bit strange that he said hes been driving in uk since then and *forgot* to mot it, Im sure he,d have been stopped by now, possible he,d been to France for a bit of winter warmth,didnt need mot over there, and now mot expired,cant bring it back, might be wrong of course, just seems a bit odd,
He said hes got the v5,which hed give to someone who can go and collect the car,which garage would hand over for free,or a very small sum,
problem with clutch ,could just need topping up, sills and trim come off,just go back on with clips,so anyone fancy a quick trip over to Brittany could get them selves a nice car,
Tim kept her very clean, for 7 years,would spend all Sunday cleaning her,including claying,feeling gutted she might now end up on a french scrapyard, :( :( :(

Posted 19 Apr 2016, 16:05 #1 

Last edited by goodlittlewifey on 20 Apr 2016, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
Scoubix on the Enthusiasts is based in France and a member of the French Rover club- I will post a link as he may know a member in Brittany who might be interested.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Apr 2016, 21:19 #2 

PaulT
Heather

Link to Scoubix reply on the Enthusiasts site:

http://forums.75-zt.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 846#p63846
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 08:01 #3 

goodlittlewifey
hope someone doesnt just use her for parts :( :( :(, we had her a long time, and she ran like a dream,Tim looked after her very well, and if circumstances had been different, we,d still have her,
Strange after 7 years,of owning her,,you dont have her for 2 years, but she still feels like our car, :) we,d be gutted if someone just used her for parts, daft I know,

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 09:17 #4 

Colvert
I'm in France. I live here. Near a town called Thouars. 79100

What engine does your car have ???

Brittany is a bit of a trek but not too far.

Colvert.

PS. Forgot to ask-------------What car and model is it ???

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 09:54 #5 

goodlittlewifey
its not our car, :(. its Digsbydad on other side, shes a 2.0 cdti conny, full spec,

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 10:06 #6 

goodlittlewifey
its not our car, :(. its Digsbydad on other side, shes a 2.0 cdti conny, full spec,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 10:08 #7 

goodlittlewifey
another pic, shes stuck in Pontivy at the mo,in a garage

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 10:09 #8 

goodlittlewifey
can anyone whose on both sites, please transfer these pics over to the threads in the forums its listed on, pretty please,Im just a dumb blonde, :). and absolutely no idea how to put pics on there, this forum is much easier to put pics on, :) :) :)

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 10:29 #9 

Dave
I've copied the images onto the Enthusiasts thread for you! :)

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 10:56 #10 

goodlittlewifey

Posted 20 Apr 2016, 11:59 #11