Railway modelling by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
I was idly wondering whether other members of this forum are involved in railway modelling?

I am, for sure.

I know that Zeb is building a layout for his son and that Mick (Wideload) has a layout.

Anybody else?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 14:09 #1 

JohnDotCom
I have a lot of "OO" Gauge Paul, some purchased built and some white metal kits around 38 in all.
Also got a lot of "O" Gauge for garden but never got around to installing it yet.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 15:12 #2 

Bernard
I've got loads of HO stuff that I bought years ago in East Europe. This, together with building a steamer, was to be my retirement interest. I have the lathe and other machinery in my workshop for the latter but so far have
a) not retired properly and
b) not got the time anyway.
Incidentally the E. European stuff is of remarkably good quality, unlike their other products of that era.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 15:37 #3 

Aurora MG
I have a huge amount of Hornby gear from my Teens & have recently bought several new Hornby sets & LTD edition loco's none of which have been out of the box. The longest one in the box & cellofeine is a Hornby/Joeff Eurostar set from 1996. Would love to set it up again but time & space dictate but i will still buy more!

I also have the Hornby G100 Rocket & accessories from the very early 80's.

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 19:05 #4 

Duncan
I have a few bits from my childhood (the first one) but currently they just sit in the loft.

I do have a flying scotsman hornby loco that I destroyed when a kid, bu repainting very badly.

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 19:23 #5 

carlpenn
I have plans in my bottom drawer to build a Shunting yard. Haven't been able to do it due to the layout needing a big enough area. I now have that area as I have acquired a new Desk for my PC and will be using my old one which is 5ft wide by 3.5 ft Deep, its more than enough space for what we want :).

My older brother has the coolest weekend job going, he is a volunteer on the North Yorkshire Railway and has spent every Saturday for some time now working on the real things, but thats a whole other story :p He also is a very keen Railway Modeller and has built many Engines etc. He also has a small business building Kits for Modellers.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 19:38 #6 

Duncan
carlpenn wrote:My older brother has the coolest weekend job going, he is a volunteer on the North Yorkshire Railway and has spent every Saturday for some time now working on the real things, but thats a whole other story :p

Wow, I agree, would love to do that.

A friend at work used to work on it too, doing the catering side of things. Now he's a chassis Engineer. Mmmm.

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 19:50 #7 

raistlin
carlpenn wrote:I have plans in my bottom drawer to build a Shunting yard. Haven't been able to do it due to the layout needing a big enough area. I now have that area as I have acquired a new Desk for my PC and will be using my old one which is 5ft wide by 3.5 ft Deep

If you are interested in diesels, by all means pop over and have a look at my layout Carl :) Only up the road from you in Fordhouses.

My layout is merely 7ft by 3ft but you can get a lot of operating potential :)
Paul

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 20:02 #8 

jamesgreen
i think i had better join in on this one.I am a self confessed horder when it comes to model trains.got a layout in the loft which i will be rebuilding soon.
Withe regards to models there are the hornby APT tilting train.A double tender flying scotsman and a model of oh i cant remeber its the same as mallard but bits are picked out in gold and the box is a hornby triang limited edition i think from 2009.I will post some picys later
james green

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 20:19 #9 

takestock
I'm sorry but Zeb is definately NOT Building a train lay out for his son. Oh, he may be working on his set up as we speak but why tease his son saying it is for him. i saw Zeb myself buying a stationmasters outfit the other day :D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 20:40 #10 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:
carlpenn wrote:I have plans in my bottom drawer to build a Shunting yard. Haven't been able to do it due to the layout needing a big enough area. I now have that area as I have acquired a new Desk for my PC and will be using my old one which is 5ft wide by 3.5 ft Deep

If you are interested in diesels, by all means pop over and have a look at my layout Carl :) Only up the road from you in Fordhouses.

My layout is merely 7ft by 3ft but you can get a lot of operating potential :)

I like my Steamies Paul :D I would still love to see your set up though if that is ok :)
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 21:12 #11 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:
carlpenn wrote:My older brother has the coolest weekend job going, he is a volunteer on the North Yorkshire Railway and has spent every Saturday for some time now working on the real things, but thats a whole other story :p

Wow, I agree, would love to do that.

A friend at work used to work on it too, doing the catering side of things. Now he's a chassis Engineer. Mmmm.

It makes me jealous when he tells me what he has been doing :lol: So far he has worked up from doing Washing, Polishing, OIling and simple maintenance type jobs to the glory of being a "Fireman".
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 21:16 #12 

raistlin
carlpenn wrote: I would still love to see your set up though if that is ok :)

Certainly is :) Not scenically finished yet but fully operational. All Locomotives DCC sound and lights.
Paul

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 21:18 #13 

Zeb
Some piccies... :D

With HUGE thanks to Ragman who supplied much of what you see in terms of trains, rolling stock, platforms etc... :thumbsup:

And it is definitely my son's....he will barely let me near it now it is a solid work in progress! :confused:

Posted 13 Feb 2011, 23:05 #14 

takestock
What a brilliant hobby, never realised Zeb, just something else to put on my wish list when I get the time / money.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 07:50 #15 

Zeb
takestock wrote:What a brilliant hobby, never realised Zeb, just something else to put on my wish list when I get the time / money.

Well it certainly consumes both! The layout was about 4 months hard graft when these pictures were taken... :? Could never have achieved it all without Ragman though..

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 08:31 #16 

carlpenn
Thats really smart Zeb :)
Upgrades:

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 15:49 #17 

Ragman
My pleasure, glad it's being put to good use

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 15:53 #18 

Tootall
I have got a load of my late dads trains/track in boxes at my sister's house, to many loco's to mention but i do know that one of them is Diesel loco branded with 'Rover Group' signage.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 19:25 #19 

raistlin
Hmm...

Lots of stuff stored away but not much active railway modelling going on then :)
Paul

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 19:34 #20