Problem with new PMs notification by Duncan

Duncan
Until a few days ago, if a new PM was waiting, a box would pop up telling me. Now I get an error message that 'a picture can't be found' and I need to check the path.

I'll attempt to take a snapshot next time it happens, but I need a PM first.....

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 19:24 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It's OK Duncan, this is a known little bug. Only happens if a popup thingy is waiting to display and you are not online, when you do open the forum it has difficulty in working out where it came from, otherwise if you are on line and one pops up it should work correctly. Please ignore it. Simon has not been able to find a way round it as yet. Ta.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 19:35 #2 

Duncan
Oh, well for me it happens even if I'm online. Did it for me with the PM you just sent:

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 19:42 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Duncan, it is as you say happening all the time now as occurred in our PM conversation. I'll nudge Simon about it next time he's on.

Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 19.44.59.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 19:44 #4 

Duncan
Thanks to all, as you can see I now have the snapshot.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 19:45 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks to Simon. There will be a solution in place tomorrow, not quite as elegant but proven reliability.

Posted 30 Jan 2012, 20:03 #6 

SpongeBob
Said solution is now in place ;)

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 10:40 #7 

takestock
Ahem,
I'm waiting for a PM and it hasn't arrived. So, Just sent one from me to me but that hasn't arrived either, it says i've sent it, it is not in my out box but I haven't got it :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 15:08 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sending you a test PM.
Double check you inbox for the test you sent yourself as they are instantaneous and do not lodge in your outbox.
I have done some tests and system seems to be OK.
Anybody else have PMT? :)

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 15:27 #9 

Bermudan 75
I think Dave is losing it, sending himself a pm? Makes you wonder what the contents were? :lol:

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 15:41 #10 

takestock
Rover418275 wrote:I think Dave is losing it, sending himself a pm? Makes you wonder what the contents were? :lol:

billy no mates, that's me :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 15:51 #11