powerfold switch wanted by Merl

Merl
Ok I know these are rarer than gold dust and I am watching the usual places but if anyone see's one anywhere or has one let me know.

Cheers

Martin
Martin

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 22:49 #1 

takestock
Still available new, but silly money :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 06:51 #2 

Ragman
Had a quick scout around -currently listed as out of stock at Rimmers and none listed on ThePart.com

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 07:10 #3 

Merl
Yeah going to be an ebay job I think, thanks for looking and keep yours eyes open as beer tokens will be in it for anyone who helps me find one ;)

:cheers:
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 18:05 #4 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Ok I know these are rarer than gold dust and I am watching the usual places but if anyone see's one anywhere or has one let me know.

Cheers

Martin

There is a possibility, but ONLY a possibility, that your bog standard switchpack might well have the electronics for the powerfold circuit already built into the circuit board Martin.

I have heard of some that have only needed a hole drilling in the top cover and a small plastic probe inserting.

For the sake of the five minute job of removing the switchpack from the car and popping it open to check, you might find that you have almost all you require already :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 18:30 #5 

Merl
Ohh well double my chances as I have 2! one in my Conny SE and one in the 260 SE :) knowing my luck though probably wont be...

Paul would this be something you could check at the nanomeet? or is it quite obvious to tell?

Cheers
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 18:37 #6 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Paul would this be something you could check at the nanomeet? or is it quite obvious to tell?

Can easily check at the nano-meet :D
Paul

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 18:43 #7 

Merl
Ok cool thanks :) will have to be the next one though as at MG meet in Belgium for this one :)
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 18:53 #8 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Ok cool thanks :) will have to be the next one though as at MG meet in Belgium for this one :)

In which case, it'll be worth doing the check yourself Martin. If you click on the link in my sig and open either of the 'Ultimate Remote' documents, you will see the switchpack opened and the appropriate switch point shown.

There is a thread on the other site which shows the reverse of the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) but I can't find it.
Paul

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:08 #9 

Merl
ahh so SW20 then is the switch point, doh it's like looking at a remote or computer keyboard with the points, as long as there is that extra point there then its ok. :D

Cheers Paul

Right then is it a case of gently easing the covers off?
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:22 #10 

raistlin
Merl wrote:ahh so SW20 then is the switch point, doh it's like looking at a remote or computer keyboard with the points, as long as there is that extra point there then its ok. :D

No, not quite, the reverse of the PCB will look a little different if the required components are installed. That's why I've been frantically searching for the thread I wanted to link you to on the other forum.

Of course, what you can do is open the switchpack, then re connect the PCB to the car wiring and short the two halves of SW20. If the components are there the powerfolds will extend / retract :)

The switch casing does pop apart quite readily with the judicious application of a couple of small flat bladed screwdrivers or, alternatively, feeler gauge blades.
Paul

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:27 #11 

Merl
Well I was close... No worries will try and figure it.

Cheers for the info though :)
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:37 #12 

raistlin
Hopefully, somebody else will remember the thread I wanted :)
Paul

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:57 #13 

Merl
Hehe lets hope so and if not we will always have the nanomeet ;) sounds like a cheesy line from a film that...
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 20:58 #14 

raistlin
OK Martin.

Found what I wanted.

1. Powerfold equipped PCB:-

2. Non powerfold equipped PCB:-

You can see the black relay module fitted just to the side of the connector on the powerfold equipped version.

( Pictures acknowledged to be the work of Big Russ)
Paul

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 21:30 #15 

Merl
Ahh right got it, needs a relay underneath.

Thanks for the info :) might have a go at looking over the next few days.
Martin

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 21:40 #16 

JohnDotCom
There is also at least four additional Transistors and a few Diodes and Resistors and other components (TR13) for one, required to make it all work.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 11:26 #17 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:There is also at least four additional Transistors and a few Diodes and Resistors and other components (TR13) for one, required to make it all work.

As it shows on the PCB photograph above :)

If the PCB looks about the same as in the photograph above, it would be worth re-connecting it to the car's wiring and shorting both halves of SW20 to confirm powerfold operation.
Paul

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 11:42 #18 

Merl
JohnDotCom wrote:There is also at least four additional Transistors and a few Diodes and Resistors and other components (TR13) for one, required to make it all work.

John just to make clear does that mean that just because it has the relay it may still need those extra bits? Or am I over thinking it?

*edit*
Ahh just seen paul's post as was doing this on my phone and had to stop for an hr while I worked...
Ben is going to help me fit them so will have a look before hand and then we fit them will try shorting it to see if it has indeed got the relay.
Martin

Posted 28 Jul 2010, 12:28 #19