PM stuck in out tray by stevemac

stevemac
Just sent a PM and it gives me a sent time but is still in the out tray and has not transferred to the sent tray. Not sure whether it has gone or not! Will wait to see if there is a reply during the course of the day. Is this a bug :confused:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:24 #1 

Rammie
Miner does that too Steve, they seem to go but stay in the outbox for longer than normal and then disappear. :confused:

Might just be a quirk of the system.
Brian

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:30 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It's not a quirk it's designed that way, PM stay in out box until they have been read by the recipient. Thus you know when it's been read and also gives you the opportunity to edit something if necessary before it has been read. Once read they move into sent box. :)

Good innit. :)

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:37 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Mick wrote:It's not a quirk it's designed that way, PM stay in out box until they have been read by the recipient. Thus you know when it's been read and also gives you the opportunity to edit something if necessary before it has been read. Once read they move into sent box. :)

Very! :) I like how the board works, its all very user friendly!

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:40 #4 

Rammie
OOOHHH, thats good.

Thanks for explaining that. :cheers:
Brian

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:47 #5 

stevemac
Mick wrote:It's not a quirk it's designed that way, PM stay in out box until they have been read by the recipient. Thus you know when it's been read and also gives you the opportunity to edit something if necessary before it has been read. Once read they move into sent box. :)

Thanks for that Mick
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 06:49 #6 

CDTi
Mick wrote:Thus you know when it's been read and also gives you the opportunity to edit something if necessary before it has been read. Once read they move into sent box. :)

Now that is a good idea.
:ireland:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 18:09 #7 

JohnDotCom
...and for reference please don't delete/remove any messages whilst still in Outbox or they disappear and send a message that the sent message has been deleted.
Confused? I was......... :em: :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 18:35 #8 

SpongeBob
For clarification:-

Inbox - where new messages arrive into
Outbox - where messages/replies you have written are listed until the recipient reads them
Sentbox - where messages/replies you have written AND have been read by the recipient are kept

Folders - Your own custom-named folders to store and file messages
Drafts - A place where messages you have written are stored if you save them rather than send them to someone

As John points out - you can delete a PM once it has been sent and before it is read (ie in your Outbox) but you cannot delete a PM once it has been sent except from your own Sent box. If you do this, your copy of the message will be removed but NOT the copy in the recipients inbox.

Hope that helps :)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 18:43 #9 

MrB

Had wondered (but not worried) about this.

Nice feature.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:57 #10