Pickering Traction Engine Rally by DeuxGazoles

DeuxGazoles
Anyone going? it's the 5th 6th 7th & 8th I'll probably be going on the 8th..............................I've got 3 half price tickets :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 17:00 #1 

Bernard
DeuxGazoles wrote:...............I've got 3 half price tickets :mrgreen:

I'm desperately trying to come up with a retort that's not too insulting. :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 21:15 #2 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:Anyone going? it's the 5th 6th 7th & 8th I'll probably be going on the 8th..............................I've got 3 half price tickets :mrgreen:

Saw an advert for this in our local Coop today.

Takes place while we're on our jollies in Northumberland - not sure how I would persuade SWMBO to go to this one though.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 21:49 #3 

DeuxGazoles
Bernard wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:...............I've got 3 half price tickets :mrgreen:

I'm desperately trying to come up with a retort that's not too insulting. :gmc:

Never normally bothers you :roll:

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 21:58 #4 

DeuxGazoles
Anybody fancy it????? be a shame to waste my spare HALF PRICE tickets :D

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 10:01 #5 

DeuxGazoles
I'm happy to report my annual pilgrimmage was another good'un :D I collected Ronnie (suzublu) on the way down & we had a cracking day, the weather stayed good (a little overcast at times but dry), as ever there was loads to see Showman's engines, steam rollers, ploughing engines, general steam tractors etc. then there was the classic cars (down in numbers from the previous 2 years) classic commercials, tractors, stationary engines, cranes, fairgrounds (old & new) autojumble, trade stands, tractor pull & loads more. I took a load of photos which I'll try & post up tomorrow eve.
So if you get the chance next year DO IT! :D

Posted 09 Aug 2010, 08:29 #6 

DeuxGazoles
Here's a link to my Pickering Album, haven't got the energy to post them all up again :roll:
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x150 ... Pickering/

Posted 10 Aug 2010, 20:50 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote:Here's a link to my Pickering Album, haven't got the energy to post them all up again :roll:
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x150 ... Pickering/

Thanks for sharing Col. Would that it had been closer to home. looks like you had a grand day of it. All the trucks have so much character.

Posted 10 Aug 2010, 21:47 #8 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote: Would that it had been closer to home.

:? :? I'm sure that made perfect sense to you when you wrote it :mrgreen:

It was a superb day out & I think even Ronnie enjoyed it :mrgreen: I'm hoping to get to the Great Dorset Steam Fair in September but it depends how the money pans out what with the not so nano-meet & all :em:

Posted 11 Aug 2010, 08:07 #9 

MrB
Some great pics in there Col

Wish I had made it, but maybe next year.

Unfortunately am the only one in my household who has any appreciation of beautiful machines.

Remember my Grandad spending a great number of hours making an Airfix of a Traction engine, complete with working lights.

It looked fantastic, was very similar to quite a few of those you pictured, was Roofed and Burgundy in colour.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 11 Aug 2010, 21:24 #10 

DeuxGazoles

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 22:32 #11