pcv filter replacement by mark d3

mark d3
cant post this in the relevant forum???changed my pcv today bought it from jules(cheers jules) it comes with very clear instructions and 3 gaskets plus filter even if your a mechanical numpty changing the pcv filter in a diesel is simple but heed the warning in jules instructions be careful with the diesel injector plastic connections they can be removed with very little force using a pointy noised pliers,now mine was not blowing oil out of the dipstick or any other strange symptoms i changed it for maintenance sake but the photos show the state of the old one compared to the new blue one also the tools required mainly a 5mm hex with extension bar to reach the rear air filter box bolts this job should take no more than a hour to undertake and if your psv has not been replaced or your new to the cdt/cdti its well worth doing i understand there is a filterless housing available for the bmw m47 but its dear compared to the kit from jules

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mark

Posted 25 Sep 2011, 12:46 #1