PCI-E graphics card by raistlin

raistlin
I think my graphics card is failing and to be sure, rather than invest another £300 on spec, I was wondering if anybody had a reasonable PCI-e graphics card (2GB or maybe 1GB) that I could either borrow or buy for not a lot, to test out my theory please

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Feb 2016, 19:56 #1 

humphshumphs
Not sure, but I have one, will have a look and get back to you:)
Richard

Posted 16 Feb 2016, 20:48 #2 

humphshumphs
Just had a look, and I've only got a 128Mb AGP one :(
Sorry
Richard

Posted 16 Feb 2016, 20:58 #3 

raistlin
Thanks anyway Richard :)
Paul

Posted 17 Feb 2016, 06:52 #4 

raistlin
I guess not then
Paul

Posted 17 Feb 2016, 17:21 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Paul.
Try getting in touch with Julian,(Jubber) or Jamie that come to the nano meets they are both in it and might have one, Jamie maybe the best bet as he also works for a PC repairs company.

I have dropped Jamie an email asking him to take a look at this thread, and possibly helping you out or at least point you in the right direction to sorting it cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 10:23 #6 

raistlin
Thanks Steve :)
Paul

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 13:33 #7 

Jamiewelch
What makes you think the graphics card has gone? I can have a look when I get home, I think the only ones I have got require the extra 6 pin power, or a 6 pin AND 8 pin power. Do you have these available on your power supply? If not I will have a look see if I have one without :)

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 14:02 #8 

raistlin
Thanks Jamie.

Mine is a Radeon 6990 so has all the extra power points available from the PSU.

The PC boots to the four colour Windows logo then goes black. Deleting the Radeon drivers allows the PC to boot up using Standard VGA adaptor although this doesn't allow the full range of resoution. I've de-installed and re-istalled the drivers but same thing happens so I suspect the card has lost some of it's memory.
Paul

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 17:03 #9 

Jamiewelch
raistlin wrote:Thanks Jamie.

Mine is a Radeon 6990 so has all the extra power points available from the PSU.

The PC boots to the four colour Windows logo then goes black. Deleting the Radeon drivers allows the PC to boot up using Standard VGA adaptor although this doesn't allow the full range of resoution. I've de-installed and re-istalled the drivers but same thing happens so I suspect the card has lost some of it's memory.

Ah ok that could be graphics card :). I have a Radeon 5970 if that's of any use to use? Even if just for testing purposes. It requires a 6 pin and 8 pin as it is a dual gpu card. If you wanted to buy it I'd be looking for £60, but bare in mind it only has 2GB of ram. If you would like to borrow it for testing purposes then you're welcome to. My mate is using it at the moment, but I can get it back off him no problem.

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 18:58 #10 

Gren 24
Paul I have an old 860GT 1024mb ddr2 it has HDMI, VGA/out, DVI/Out, if that any us to you just setting on the shelf.

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 21:50 #11