One wonders... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
... whether it will apply to the bars in the Palace of Westminster.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/feb/04/sale-ultra-cheap-alcohol-banned
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 20:34 #1 

PaulT
Of course not - they are genteel people.

People find the money by fair means and fowl for illegal drugs so no doubt they will find the money for 'booze' no matter how dear.

Watching some of the programmes about the Police it seems to me that there is a great deal of leniency towards those who are absolutely paralytic and also swear at the police. Perhaps if they were stronger in the way they police the drunks less would be drunk.

A culture change is required not a price change.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 22:18 #2 

Borg Warner
I've never seen, or felt, the obsession with alcohol and/or getting drunk. Perhaps done it twice(?) in my life and regretted it immediately afterwards. In fact I don't like most of the stuff - a Budweiser perhaps, or a sherry is about it for me, but I certainly wouldn't miss it if I never had another one.

Perhaps I'm strange?????

Gary M.

Posted 05 Feb 2014, 11:32 #3 

Jumper
Not strange at all. There seems to be a 'badge of merit' being claimed by those who strive to get 'off their face' or even more depressingly 'bladdered'. I like some of it: cognac and some wines are especially nice. But the last time I was drunk was Christmas Eve 1969.

After an office party I was beyond redemption but able to make it home. Celia answered the door (I had dropped the key somewhere never to be found) and then promptly closed it. Through the letter box came the genteel admonishment:

You were supposed to be Santa three hours ago the girls have gone to bed thinking they've been missed you absolute sod

Not once did she draw breath. No commas, no full stops or speech marks.
One and a half hours of a Christmas Morning King Wenceslas frost, not to mention Celia's appalling lack of aplomb and grammar, was quite enough to convince me of the error of my ways.

Posted 05 Feb 2014, 11:56 #4 

PaulT
On BBC3 is a programme Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents whereby the young of today go off on their first holiday with their friends and their parents spy on them.......useful viewing for where to avoid. They get absolutely rat ar*ed then throw up and start again plus all the other delightful things they get up to like soiling the beds etc. Jürgen you are lucky the German young seem not so prone to this (unless I am under a misapprehension).
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Feb 2014, 14:35 #5