One thing I do miss in Here !!! by ceedy

ceedy
One Thing I miss on this Forum layout, as opposed to another Forum That I May or may not have frequented in the Past?? :lol:

Is the feature that shows the first line or a Precis of the Thread in a POP up when you put the mouse pointer on the link

instead of having to open up the thread to read what its all about ??

Does that make sense ??? :?

:gmc:

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:22 #1 

takestock
Mentioned already Chris, it is rather tedious. I believe Simon is looking into it.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:42 #2 

Dave
Is this because the other site refers to uses vBulletin (I think) whereas the "hover and get a preview" has never been a feature of phpBB

On the whole I prefer phpBB (I have two forums using it) as things like PM's etc seem easier to handle, but if anyone does come up with a mod to allow the fancy hover feature, please tell me where to find it!!

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 17:36 #3 

Dave
Oh, and while I am at it, is it just me or does "here" seem to be much quicker loading pages than "there"?

(NB. No offence intended to there, but comparing vBulletin with phpBB)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 17:44 #4 

ceedy
Thanks for the reply ....

Its something I know nothing of .... ( altho' Did run a Big Amiga BBS in the 80's)

but could this be something similar ??..

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=588058 :confused:

:gmc:

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 18:45 #5 

PaulT
Out of curiosity looked at the reference Ceedy gave and had a little poke around.

Great to see:

If you wish to use your board with a language other than British English you can download a translation and imageset in your desired language.

US English is an option not a norm - yippee
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 18:57 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The current version appears to be "Topic Preview 0.7.1 for phpBB3 version 3.0.2." Have to look further but does not appear to have been tested on 3.07 the current iteration which is what we are running. There are several mods we will be installing after we get the new front end up. All suggestions gratefully received and will be acted on after we get the major changes in place. We have to be dead careful as some can conflict with others and we have to do our own testing before releasing them on the live board.
This is a particularly nice addition and I would like to see it in place too. :)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=794905

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 00:04 #7