Oh dear. by raistlin

raistlin
I was in Court today and one of the cases was a public order offence which took place during an English Defence League rally in Wolverhampton a week ago.

The defendant, a vision of bald head tattooed with the cross of St. George, pugilist's nose, the word 'HATE' tattooed across the knuckles of one hand, refused to accept that he had done anything wrong and kept harping on about the 'rights' of the 'EDL'

The prosecutor became quite robust in his examination of the defendant and suggested that the acronym 'EDL' gave a sort of homely feel to what had basically been a nasty confrontation. He asked the defendant why he didn't use the full title if he was so proud of being a member.

The defendant replied that he couldn't always remember all the long words, but could remember 'EDL'.

I wondered whether the defendant ought to be considered vulnerable.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 20:54 #1 

baconbuttyman
:hail: :hail: :clap: :clap: thats funny, what a numbskull.
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 21:18 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:
I wondered whether the defendant ought to be considered, typically, thick as three short planks.

I thought that needed fixing. :D

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 23:29 #3 

JakeWilson
It's quite scary to think there can be people like that around us. Having been a bit of a country boy, when I moved to the smoke I was amazed at the kind of people there were there!

The encounter that I will never forget was whilst walking out of Mönchengladbach Bahnhof, straight into a neo-nazi demonstration - my word what a scene.

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 00:21 #4 

Zeb
It doesn't take much intelligence to hate unfortunately... :?

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 08:04 #5 

starbug2
Zeb wrote:It doesn't take much intelligence to hate unfortunately... :?

:iagree: some want nowt better than to be :censored: , oh hum at least most of us are normal :lol:

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 17:09 #6 

raistlin
Hmm... some interesting views :)

I was of the opinion that the defendant seemed incapable of independent thought and as such was vulnerable to being manipulated to the ends of others.

Undoubtedly he is a thug but perhaps only because he has been told to be. Perfect recruitment fodder for those who control such organizations.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 17:28 #7 

Zeb
raistlin wrote:Hmm... some interesting views :)

I was of the opinion that the defendant seemed incapable of independent thought and as such was vulnerable to being manipulated to the ends of others.

Undoubtedly he is a thug but perhaps only because he has been told to be. Perfect recruitment fodder for those who control such organizations.

Recruitment fodder certainly but if one has a penchant to violence the purpose and motive really becomes something of a side issue...he would remain a thug whether told to direct it in a particular direction or otherwise...
And yes, he probably is 'vulnerable' to such 'exploitation' but I suspect the attraction on both sides is somewhat mutual....so his level of vulnerability is debatable.. ;)

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 17:38 #8 

James.uk
>>>I was of the opinion that the defendant seemed incapable of independent thought<<<

Sounds like my bruvver innit.. :thumbsup: :lol:

>>>The defendant replied that he couldn't always remember all the long words<<<

Hmmmm, that is too close to home for comfort.. :shock: :em: :roll: :gmc:

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 18:30 #9