O2 network down by kandyman

kandyman
Just in case anyone else is having problems with there mobiles.

The O2 network is down in parts of the UK, leaving customers with an intermittent phone or data signal. O2 is investigating the problem, which is also affecting GiffGaff customers.

We first spotted complaints popping up in our Facebook news feed, as friends around the country wave their phones in the air with a puzzled look before turning to Facebook -- probably while they're supposed to be working, the feckless chancers. It appears that problems started at 1.30pm, and both phone and data signal have been coming and going ever since.

The O2 service status currently reads there are 'ongoing' problems with calls and data.

"Parts of our network aren't working," O2 says. "This means your service might come and go until we fix the problem." On Twitter, the network is telling anyone who complains that "engineers are working on a network issue as we speak".

The problem is also affecting GiffGaff, the discount network that uses O2's infrastructure. "We are currently experiencing an outage for voice and data (2G and 3G)," GiffGaff says. "We are investigating the issue and hope to have it up and running as soon as possible. All users will experience intermittent voice and data for the duration."

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 18:04 #1 

Zeb
Affecting Tescos too......but mine seems fine :)

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 18:06 #2 

kandyman
My ones ok and so is Georgia's (daughter) but Deb's (wife) went down about 4pm and still not back up.

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 18:34 #3 

JohnDotCom
My iPhone on O2 is working fine here in North Wales.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 18:58 #4 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:My iPhone on O2 is working fine here in North Wales.in

So where's my funny texts then ;)

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 19:03 #5 

JohnDotCom
Should start again soon Andy ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 19:05 #6 

Zeb
Spoke too soon...half an hour later and nothing! :( Pita...

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 21:57 #7 

kandyman
Zeb wrote:Spoke too soon...half an hour later and nothing! :( Pita...

I'll be ok as i have one iPhone on O2 and one on Vodafone so at least I'll be here even if no one else is ;)

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 22:07 #8 

Jürgen
kandyman wrote:I'll be ok as i have one iPhone on O2 and one on Vodafone so at least I'll be here even if no one else is ;)

But you can't use your second phone, as it's for official use at work only ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 14:45 #9 

zojosc
Think they would have give all us customers a call to say that things was'nt right? :confused:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 17:39 #10 

raistlin
I had a peaceful day yesterday... I reckon all the numpties who bug me during the day must all be on O2 :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 17:43 #11 

Ragman
zojosc wrote:Think they would have give all us customers a call to say that things was'nt right? :confused:

They would if they could but they can't. Lost service, and business, for several hours today,

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 21:25 #12