New turbo & exh manifold needed by BingleyThe75

BingleyThe75
Anyone know where I can find a new turbo and a new exhaust manifold for my 1.8T? Looked on Rimmer Bros and the price of the turbo is astronomical, nigh on twice what I paid for the car, so I'm looking elsewhere. Also, I need a new exhaust manifold, as mine has given up the ghost. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 09 Nov 2013, 00:41 #1 

DaveyC
Have a look on Ebay. There are loads of 1.8T's being scrapped for the normal HGF (Head Gasket Failure) fault. You should get a reasonably cheap setup from a low mileage car if you have a lokk and e-mail a few of the breakers on there.

Dave :-)

Posted 09 Nov 2013, 07:30 #2 

Cockaa
Be carefull with a turbo unit from a car that has just suffered head gasket failure though, you could be getting a right bag of nails as they are well known to give up the ghost shortly afterwards due to oil contamination.
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 20:17 #3 

BingleyThe75
Thanks for the advice guys. One of the garages I spoke to said he could source a recon turbo for me but wouldn't be able to get the exhaust manifold so it's just the manifold am struggling with as Rimmer Bros are a tad on the expensive side for my meagre means...
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 05:52 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
quite a few on the bay any help click the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... d&_sacat=0
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 01:41 #5