My students tell me... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
... that I'm quite possibly the least likely person to be pulled by the fuzz, as it were.

Apparently there is empirical evidence to suggest that:-

1. It's a Rover 75 diesel so it don't go fast enough - innit.

2. I'm old, obese and wear a beard.

You heard it here first folks :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 16:06 #1 

starbug2
i got pulled in my late 20's in a cavalier taking my mum home and picking up some fish and chips . i hadn't done anything wrong and they let me go but they still followed me home....

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 17:23 #2 

Borg Warner
Only ever pulled once. A4123 just off the Dudley Tividale island allegedly speeding but I always reckoned it was the bike in front the gun picked up. I'd just exited the island and was doing 63 in a 40. Mk2 Cavalier 1.6L - no chance. 3 points and £60. Would be about 1987.

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 20:51 #3 

Dave
raistlin wrote:1. It's a Rover 75 diesel so it don't go fast enough - innit.

2. I'm old, obese and wear a beard.

Sort of "snap"... 75 diesel, old-ish, not obese but I do have a bit of a belly and also a beard. I don't "wear" my beard though, as this sounds like it's a clip on Santa affair, rather I have a beard! ;)

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 23:39 #4 

Bolin
If you have a beard, then no one will start an argument with you. Not even the Old Bill.

Posted 18 Dec 2012, 18:53 #5 

Borg Warner
I've a beard. Had one since 1980. Wifey loves it :-)

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 14:04 #6 

Dave
I've had mine since...... about the same!

Can't see the point in bothering shaving every day!

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 14:52 #7 

Duncan
It does seem to be beard central. Grew mine in 1990. I have been mistaken for Santa at least once!

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 15:41 #8 

Roverite
I was 'done' around 1961. I was driving a company Ford Thames 15 cwt van on a de-restricted road between Skegness and Alford, in the middle of Winter (no traffic). A police officer in a Ford Zephyr caught me up and then passed me with the bell ringing (no sirens in those days); he then stopped me. He said I was averaging 60 mph, but I did drive carefully through the village at 30 mph. You are probably wondering why I was stopped, well in those days, commercial vehicles paid no purchase tax, but they were limited to 30 mph everywhere (except the new Motorways), even though there was no 70 mph limit and AC Cobras were doing 180 mph up the M1. The same Ford van with side windows, would have paid purchase tax, but could do any speed, outside 'built up' areas!

When I got back to work, the lorry drivers said I could expect a 10 shilling fine (50p). In fact I was fined £4 (nearly a weeks wages) and 3 points on my licence. However, it didn't end there. Endorsements lasted one year and driving licences were renewed every 3 years. When the one year was up, I still had a few months left before I had to renew my licence, so I left it until then. Soon after, the one year was changed to three years, so when I renewed, they refused to remove the endorsement until the three years was up. I protested that it was like putting someone in prison for life and then changing the law to hanging, resulting in the prisoner being hanged. They were not impressed!

Roverite.

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 10:48 #9 

James.uk
I got "done" in the early 80's for doing 125 mph ish on the M6 near Cannock. (Mway traffic was light in those days) I was fined £150..

The interesting thing was, while I waited for my case to come up, I heard a case in which two men were accused of beating up a pub landlord and putting him in hosp for a couple of days.. They were found guilty and each fined £50................. Sad ole world innit.... :shrug:

Posted 02 Jan 2013, 17:27 #10