My son's Prom by stevemac

• Related topics: (no related topics)

stevemac
My son went to his Prom tonight. Refused to go in my 75. Had to hire a Roller instead. :mad1:

Spot the proper car in the background

Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 20:29 #1 

takestock
I remember my sons prom a few years ago, we had to shell out for a rolls royce extended limo. :em:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 20:46 #2 

RRobson
at least they both got rollers, i had to go in a pug 206 CC :gmc:
but it didnt cost the parents owt :mrgreen:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 20:49 #3 

Bernard
What's a prom? I know about the concerts but I guess that's not what it is. :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 21:24 #4 

Chiffon Huileux
stevemac wrote:

Spot the proper car in the background]

Ah Citroen xsara I believe :gmc:
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 21:29 #5 

RRobson
lucky lad, two young ladies? most people would be happy with just the one :mrgreen:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 21:31 #6 

Dallas
Beautiful pic there...... :)

Well! We dressed up our two Wedgewood Blue 75's with wedding ribbon for my daughters and friends prom (concert) :D I think my daughters school hold one concert a year if you ask me...... :o

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 21:43 #7 

stevemac
RRobson wrote:lucky lad, two young ladies? most people would be happy with just the one :mrgreen:

Three actually :confused:

Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 23:40 #8 

Bernard
Bernard wrote:What's a prom? I know about the concerts but I guess that's not what it is. :confused:

Wasn't a facetious question, as no-one has answered me. As we have no youngsters in the family, this has passed us by. :confused:
I fear that it is some hideous americanism that has been hoisted on us, perhaps?

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 08:18 #9 

takestock
Bernard wrote:
Bernard wrote:What's a prom? I know about the concerts but I guess that's not what it is. :confused:

Wasn't a facetious question, as no-one has answered me. As we have no youngsters in the family, this has passed us by. :confused:
I fear that it is some hideous americanism that has been hoisted on us, perhaps?

I'm afraid it seems to be, it's a school leavers party, usually involves suit hire for the boys and as you can see the posh dresses for the girls, excuse to get the parents to lash out the cash once more.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 09:05 #10 

stevemac
takestock wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I'm afraid it seems to be, it's a school leavers party, usually involves suit hire for the boys and as you can see the posh dresses for the girls, excuse to get the parents to lash out the cash once more.

Bah humbug.

It's a great occasion and is really the first time youngsters get a chance to dress up. Yes it costs money, but if you don't want to spend money on your kids then you shouldn't have any. Anyway if you have daughters, wait for the wedding. Average wedding cost is now £19,600. The couple of hundred quid spent on a Prom is a mere bagatelle. :D
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 11:11 #11 

Bernard
So, who organises these ....proms? Surely not the schools. They wouldn't condone such blatant competitiveness, would they?
Anyway, I thought we were in the middle of a recession. :confused:

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 15:57 #12 

stevemac
Bernard wrote:So, who organises these ....proms? Surely not the schools. They wouldn't condone such blatant competitiveness, would they?
Anyway, I thought we were in the middle of a recession. :confused:

As far as I know they are organised by the school. Usually takes place in a local hotel. Tom's was here http://www.frimleyhallhotel.hotel-details.com/ We had to cough up for the ticket which was about £30 inc food. and then about £50 for the car. He borrowed my Father in Laws tux but bought the waistcoat off ebay. They then went on to an after Prom party at someone's house. I then picked them up at 2:30am :shock: to come and crash at our house. They finally stopped playing music and chatting at 4:00. :sleep: Only one more to go at the end of the 6th Form in two years time. Not sure if they do anything formal at the end of Uni.

Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 16:31 #13 

stevemac
Just as an aside the father of the girl in gold and the owner of the bike, drives a ZT. Wants to join the forum but can't come to the Frog & Wicket meet as he is on duty. He is a PC.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 16:35 #14 

Cowley_MOA
I have got mine this Friday :lol: Only trouble though is its at the school :roll: Anyway I am going in something with Rover power.... My Dads TVR Griffith with a 4.2 Litre Rover V8 :D

What other vehicles were there at your sons Steve? There is supposed to be a skip lorry, a fire engine and the usual Nasty White Limos :lol: coming to ours.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 16:48 #15 

stevemac
Cowley_MOA wrote:I have got mine this Friday :lol: Only trouble though is its at the school :roll: Anyway I am going in something with Rover power.... My Dads TVR Griffith with a 4.2 Litre Rover V8 :D

What other vehicles were there at your sons Steve? There is supposed to be a skip lorry, a fire engine and the usual Nasty White Limos :lol: coming to ours.

I only dropped him off at one of his dates house. So I did not seen anything else. I know we found it almost impossible to get a limo, so I assume there were a lot already taken there. I have seen a Fire engine in London, it looks pretty cool. Not sure about the skip tho'. My daughter was quite happy with my 75 a couple of years ago. Hope you have a great time Lewis.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 17:01 #16 

Cowley_MOA
stevemac wrote:
Cowley_MOA wrote:I have got mine this Friday :lol: Only trouble though is its at the school :roll: Anyway I am going in something with Rover power.... My Dads TVR Griffith with a 4.2 Litre Rover V8 :D

I only dropped him off at one of his dates house. So I did not seen anything else. I know we found it almost impossible to get a limo, so I assume there were a lot already taken there. I have seen a Fire engine in London, it looks pretty cool. Not sure about the skip tho'. My daughter was quite happy with my 75 a couple of years ago. Hope you have a great time Lewis.

Thanks Steve, so do I.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 17:27 #17 

kevin
takestock wrote:
Bernard wrote:

suit hire,
buy them a suit had to both last year and this year for my two son's.
both had them on a river boat in London.

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 19:38 #18 

takestock
kevin wrote:
takestock wrote:
Bernard wrote:

suit hire,
buy them a suit had to both last year and this year for my two son's.
both had them on a river boat in London.

Would be nice if i could splash out on a new suit just to wear once or maybe twice. Unfortunately the logistics of it are just not practicle in my world. However having just had to take an enforced paycut of over £6k per year to keep my job I will certainly accept any donations :) :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 19:54 #19 

Samarkand
stevemac wrote:
RRobson wrote:lucky lad, two young ladies? most people would be happy with just the one :mrgreen:

Three actually :confused:

My hero! :D (never could get one for my own at my time, and therefore did not go... :confused:
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 09:47 #20