Millers additive. Yes or no? by raistlin

raistlin
Ever since I've had a diesel car I've been using Millers EcoMax additive every time I fill the tank.

Now, I'm wondering whether it is actually worth the money?

Does anybody use it / have an opinion please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Aug 2014, 09:28 #1 

JohnDotCom
Hiya Paul, as you know I was always a firm believer in using this, but I no longer use it anymore. The car is getting old it's nearly ten now, and haven't noticed any difference in any area at all.
I cannot say long term if did any good before, but nowadays would rather keep my money in my pocket with no visible advantages. This engine after blowing up last one, has now done 120,000 miles, and it didn't seem to help last engine in the end.

Being a conservative driver may be why I don't notice anymore. :-o :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Aug 2014, 20:26 #2 

raistlin
Thanks John
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Aug 2014, 21:26 #3 

sewerman
may be a bit early to say but I've just brought some and on the first tank full brim to brim - no noticeable difference in MPG or power engine done 156k, however i did use Redex on 4 tank fulls a few thousand miles ago and got approx 2mpg better all using regular diesel from BP Shell or Esso. May try a tank of super diesel when the millers testing runs out but takes time to do brim to brim tests. currently averaging 39.5mpg on the daily run 2 miles stop start 8 miles steady motorway and 2 miles nice straight a road so am a bit dissapointed not getting mid 40's
Royal Blue Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Posted 30 Aug 2014, 20:59 #4