Lincolnshire Brunch Meet 15 AUG 2010 by JakeWilson (Page 1 of 3)

JakeWilson
Evening All,

Following a great day today, where I got the chance to have a chat with people - the folks and I want to put the following suggestion out:

Brunch Meet (Bacon Butties & Burgers provided) at our place, and tea and coffee too!

Blackthorn Barn
on the former RAF Metheringham Airfield
Blankney Barff
Lincolnshire
LN4 3BJ

10am Sunday 15th August 2010

We have had a small meet a few weeks ago see the report here: viewtopic.php?f=46&p=9769#p9769

Over the next week we're looking at getting the hardstanding a little tidier and the paddock mowed etc. I must stress we don't have a proving ground - but a great area to park up with lots of space, or in Martin's case the other week, a spirited getaway!

Google doesn't have us at the right place on maps, by postcode, but enter these co-ordinates: 53.137902,-0.35918 and it brings us up.

We are in the practice area for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight as well, so although can't promise we MAY get a flypast!

Confirmed

1. Mick
2. Stubie
3. Zeb
4. Martin
5.Bartonrover
6.Starbug2(pretty certain :D )

Possibles..............

Aircons
1. Stubie
2.Bartonrover

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 21:47 #1 

Last edited by JakeWilson on 11 Aug 2010, 18:25, edited 5 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sounds good to me Jake. Thank you all very much for the invite. :)
I've added my name to the bottom of your post as first on the list. You can edit names in as they come in.

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 22:17 #2 

JakeWilson
Cheers Mick! :-)

J

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 22:33 #3 

stubie
JakeWilson wrote:Evening All,

Following a great day today, where I got the chance to have a chat with people - the folks and I want to put the following suggestion out:

Brunch Meet (Bacon Butties & Burgers provided) at our place, and tea and coffee too!

Blackthorn Barn
on the former RAF Metheringham Airfield
Blankney Barff
Lincolnshire
LN4 3BJ

10am Sunday 15th August 2010

We have had a small meet a few weeks ago see the report here: viewtopic.php?f=46&p=9769#p9769

Over the next week we're looking at getting the hardstanding a little tidier and the paddock mowed etc. I must stress we don't have a proving ground - but a great area to park up with lots of space, or in Martin's case the other week, a spirited getaway!

Google doesn't have us at the right place on maps, by postcode, but enter these co-ordinates: 53.137902,-0.35918 and it brings us up.

We are in the practice area for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight as well, so although can't promise we MAY get a flypast!

1. Mick
2.Stubs

Sounds good to me.

Posted 19 Jul 2010, 21:53 #4 

raistlin
A little far for me Jake but hope it all goes well :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Jul 2010, 22:17 #5 

Zeb
raistlin wrote:A little far for me Jake but hope it all goes well :D

Thereabouts two hours from you Paul.... ;)

15th should be good for me Jake. :cheers:

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 06:15 #6 

starbug2
at this point a maybe ,Mmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties :clap: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 06:38 #7 

JakeWilson
OP edited! :-) Pass it on to people on t'other side who you know too

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 09:40 #8 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
raistlin wrote:A little far for me Jake but hope it all goes well :D

Thereabouts two hours from you Paul.... ;)

15th should be good for me Jake. :cheers:

WHEY! :-) Was starting to worry that you wouldn't be able to!

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 13:01 #9 

JakeWilson
!!Bit of an update!!

We are having the air-con regassed on dad's car here on the Sunday morning. The chap who is doing it has offered to re-gas people's air con for £30 if anyone is interested.

Pop me a PM in advance,

Jake

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 10:46 #10 

raistlin
That's a darned good offer Jake :) :clap:

Would that include purging as well?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 11:55 #11 

Zeb
JakeWilson wrote:!!Bit of an update!!

We are having the air-con regassed on dad's car here on the Sunday morning. The chap who is doing it has offered to re-gas people's air con for £30 if anyone is interested.

Pop me a PM in advance,

Jake

I guess I'd best bring Black Betty along then....she'll be needing some degassing and gassing I think.... :D

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 12:06 #12 

James.uk
I would have liked to attend this meet, but although it's only about 100 miles it would take me well over two hours to get there as it is all A & B roads.. :confused: So sadly I wont be able to make it, sorry... :em: :(

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 14:00 #13 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:I would have liked to attend this meet, but although it's only about 100 miles it would take me well over two hours to get there as it is all A & B roads.. :confused: So sadly I wont be able to make it, sorry... :em: :(

Awww James! :( If you come you'll get a cooked brunch...maybe even biccies..... :thumbsup:

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 14:16 #14 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
James.uk wrote:I would have liked to attend this meet, but although it's only about 100 miles it would take me well over two hours to get there as it is all A & B roads.. :confused: So sadly I wont be able to make it, sorry... :em: :(

Awww James! :( If you come you'll get a cooked brunch...maybe even biccies..... :thumbsup:

I think we can manage biccies too! :D

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 16:43 #15 

JakeWilson
raistlin wrote:That's a darned good offer Jake :) :clap:

He'll evacuate, leak check and regass.

J

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 16:46 #16 

Zeb
JakeWilson wrote:
raistlin wrote:That's a darned good offer Jake :) :clap:

He'll evacuate, leak check and regass.

J

Jake, I wonder if he can flush too....I know that on the V8, if the compressor itself is knackered it sends black death much all around the system...which has to be removed or it'll destroy the new compressor....I think on mine, however that the clutch has failed prior to the compressor so maybe not a problem?

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 17:33 #17 

James.uk
I've never actually had one in bits, but I imagine you should be able to refurb the clutch without distubing too much if the Copressor is OK? It's an elctro magnetic clutch innit? Works by spinning freely untill the magnet comes on and attracts the other plate and starts to spin up the compressor? :)

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 19:22 #18 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:I've never actually had one in bits, but I imagine you should be able to refurb the clutch without distubing too much if the Copressor is OK? It's an elctro magnetic clutch innit? Works by spinning freely untill the magnet comes on and attracts the other plate and starts to spin up the compressor? :)

James, on these the compressor is notorious for failing...they whine and then they fall to bits internally....as I understand it, it is unusual for the clutch to go first! The cost of the clutch alone makes the sensible option to be replacing the entire compressor.

Happily there are some brilliant people on this forum who have been working hard to solve this problem for me....not wishing to embarrass anybody but you know who you are... :thumbsup:

Posted 02 Aug 2010, 09:52 #19 

starbug2
almost forgot as not put in the to do :gmc: list i am almost certain to go subject to family issues :nurse: ........

Posted 09 Aug 2010, 17:03 #20