Lightpainter’s Photos! by Lightpainter (Page 1 of 3)

Lightpainter
Some may know me from another place but I do take the odd snap once in a while, please bear with me while I’m ever so slightly self indulgent on this new forum!

(Well thats silly I can't find the normal downloading controls!)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 14:49 #1 

Dave
I think you have to link to your Photobucket/Flickr account?

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 14:51 #2 

Lightpainter
Dave wrote:I think you have to link to your Photobucket/Flickr account?

That’s what I’m trying to do Dave, but I can’t find the normal downloading tools at the top of the post page!
I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:07 #3 

Dave
As far as I know, as long as you have [img ]at the beginning of your URL and [/img ] at the end, then it should link to the piccie!

On the other forum, IIRC, there was a little mountain symbol or the like to signify an image link, here it's Img (just under the "Subject" line)

Good luck!

(NB, note that I have put spaces in the img links above, to stop the software thinking the line in between was an image! As long as you click the button you'll be fine!)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:18 #4 

Lightpainter

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:33 #5 

Last edited by Lightpainter on 17 Jun 2010, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

MrB
Wonderful pic.

Captured the sunset wonderfully.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:39 #6 

Lightpainter
All I have to do now is find out how to link the photo back to my Flickr page!
Just going to try something.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10622924@N06/3131235247/sizes/l/in/set-72157606600504967/Image

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:41 #7 

Last edited by Lightpainter on 17 Jun 2010, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Lightpainter
No that didn't work!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:42 #8 

Lightpainter
Try somethig else!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:46 #9 

Last edited by Lightpainter on 14 Jun 2010, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Lightpainter
No can't say I'm very happy with the controls on this forum, point me in the right direction someone 'please'.
All I want to do is to be able to click on the photo and link it to my Flickr account to see it larger and with more detail!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:50 #10 

SpongeBob
Lightpainter wrote:No can't say I'm very happy with the controls on this forum, point me in the right direction someone 'please'.
All I want to do is to be able to click on the photo and link it to my Flickr account to see it larger and with more detail!

I don't know if there's a quick way to insert clickable pictures into the forum (ie, wrapping an image with [URL] tags). If this doesn't work by default then I'll look at writing some custom codes to automagically insert pictures from Flikr and Photobucket. You'll have to bear with me a few days though as we're trying to finish off the brand-new style for the boards which is priority at the moment and then there's a few other tweaks and things in the pipeline. I'll add it on my to-do list though ;)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 15:54 #11 

Lightpainter
SpongeBob wrote:
Lightpainter wrote:No can't say I'm very happy with the controls on this forum, point me in the right direction someone 'please'.

I don't know if there's a quick way to insert clickable pictures into the forum (ie, wrapping an image with [URL] tags). If this doesn't work by default then I'll look at writing some custom codes to automagically insert pictures from Flikr and Photobucket. You'll have to bear with me a few days though as we're trying to finish off the brand-new style for the boards which is priority at the moment and then there's a few other tweaks and things in the pipeline. I'll add it on my to-do list though ;)

Thanks Mate that’s very nice of you, and at my age patience is some thing you grow into!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:09 #12 

Lightpainter
MrB wrote:Wonderful pic.

Captured the sunset wonderfully.

Thank you MrB nearly missed your post with all to problems I am having but you’ll find that most of my Sun shots are actually sunrises being an early morning kind of guy, just another reason to link back to Flickr, you can see the description of the photo!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:16 #13 

Lightpainter

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:20 #14 

Last edited by Lightpainter on 17 Jun 2010, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Lightpainter
Here’s one for the Macro lovers!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:27 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I've fixed the ones that had all the data available.

This is how.
Example:- Edit this post to see the link syntax.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:47 #16 

zojosc
Here he goes again, showing off!

Briiliant, Chuffing Brilliant!

Always a pleasure to see your work Pete and thanks as always for sharing them.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 17:37 #17 

Dave
Keep trying - in the meantime we get to see some cracking photos! (Gromit)

:mrgreen:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:29 #18 

Dave
Mick wrote:I've fixed the ones that had all the data available.

This is how.
Example:- Edit this post to see the link syntax.

We mere mortals can't edit of course!! :mrgreen: But we can click quote to see the syntax

(don't you just love that word? A tax on sin!)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:31 #19 

JohnDotCom
You beat me to that response. ;)
I think Mick has been burning the midnight oil a lot lately, needs a rest. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:45 #20