Lexmark 4079 Printer drivers by raistlin

raistlin
I've been offered a Lexmark 4079+ A3 printer for peanuts.

Does anybody know if there are Windows 7 compatible drivers please? :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 15:00 #1 

JohnDotCom
I haven't seen any drivers for this printer for Windows 7 Paul,
Just postscript for NT4 and XP drivers.

Nothing on the Official website for that printer either:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale ... 79316676#3
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 15:10 #2 

raistlin
This is becoming very annoying and tedious.

Search for a driver and get loads of hits on Google. Then you have to wade through various minefields of "Download" buttons which try to install 'driver checking' software on your PC until you eventually find that the page actually doesn't have a link to the appropriate driver after all. :evil: :evil:

Doesn't ANY internet company understand upfront and straightforward any more? :confused:
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:12 #3 

JohnDotCom
That would be to easy Paul.
As you say the search engines just seem to want to stick software on your computer, scan then sell you something.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:20 #4 

JohnDotCom
The only place that I have found that has all the drivers for this is http://www.driverguide.com/ which you may have to join for free,
I have, but there are no Drivers listed for that printer for Windows 7.
Only for Win 3.1, Win 95, Win 98, Win 2000, Win Me, Win XP and XP Pro and NT4 and Mac v9.2.

Unfortunately, it is a rather old printer in Computer terms last made 2004 I believe.
John

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:33 #5 

raistlin
I've found a driver installation file which has drivers for OS upto Windows XP John.

I was wondering whether I could install the drivers and printer on my Windows XP PC and then print corel draw files from my main PC using the network printer option?
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:37 #6 

JohnDotCom
Mmm, I haven't tried doing that.
What version Corel Draw Paul (still on V12 here) and are you using standard printing or Pantone / postscript etc?
John

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:42 #7 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:Mmm, I haven't tried doing that.
What version Corel Draw Paul (still on V12 here) and are you using standard printing or Pantone / postscript etc?

Corel X5 and standard printing. No complex drawings, just big enough to need A3 John.
Paul

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 16:46 #8