LEd tail Lights Ready To Order UPDATED JULY 10/2010 by RadioGuy

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Re: MG/ZT And Rover 75 LED (Light Emitting Diode) Taillights
Hello All,
Who am I and what am I doing here?
I was asked by a few members to get involved with these LED taillight for your cars and after about 3 weeks of putting it together, we are ready for you. For those of you that do not know me I am SEAN, AKA RadioGuy that is handling most of the orders for the Chinese Head Units for the Club members. And quite successfully I believe almost all will attest to.

After some searching for these Tail Lights and then receipt of samples and testing at my agent’s facility near Hong Kong, we have decided to move forward. These are the exact same lights that you were all looking at before.

Shipping will be the Most economical Via UK Airmail or EMS From Hong Kong Direct to your door.

The Pair with Bulbs Will be £158.00
Shipping Cost for 1 Pair 28£
Total 186£
Deposit £79
Balance 79£ + shipping 28£

You can order here and pay the 50% deposit. Please note that we prefer US Dollars but if you want to pay in Sterling or EURO the selection drop down box is just above the shopping cart.
I WILL be posting a list of Orders on the thread on a regular basis. If anyone does not want their handle appearing, please advise me and I will simply put Anonymous in your slot.

For anyone wanting to order a Head Unit or accessories and the lights, we will deal with that on a one on one basis but there will be a savings in shipping costs. Anyone ordering lights, and want a reverse camera or DVB-T receiver we will include them at no additional shipping charges.

I have set up a web page to make it easy. Payments will be for 50% deposits which will be refunded if we do not reach 50, (We already have 4 Commitments). Payments will be via PayPal. Bank transfer or Credit card. (Master Card or Visa)

Shipments will be direct to you via EMS/Parcelforce or RoyalPost. We do this to save you taxes. It is a little bit longer than DHL or UPS But those Private courier companies are their own Import Brokers and if they charge you a tax, then they get a fee (Which you have to pay as well). So better via Postal systems. They will be described as replacement lenses and valued at $US35.00 Each. We guarantee delivery. If it gets lost. We will replace it. I take my responsibility to the customer seriously and if anyone here knows me from the I.C.E forum, I again am sure they will attest to it. (3 Head Units were lost to UK in the “ash Cloud” and we sent out again at our cost) We have made good on 3 returns. No costs to the customer!

The GBP is better than it was so maybe it’s a good thing that it turned out this way. Here is a Link to them and ready to order on my website. The Amount is the DEPOSIT (FULLY REFUNDABLE) And we will request the balance payable when they are ready to ship.

We have been quoted a delivery time of 2 weeks
Here is the Link to Pay Deposits
http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=88

Lets have Fun, I Will be your organizer and reporter and support.
Feel free to PM me, Email me at sales@autogpsdvds.com .
My MSN is autogpsdvds@hotmail.com

Sean
AKA RadioGuy (Now LEDLIGHTGUY too as One of my friends on here said)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 03:08 #1 

Last edited by RadioGuy on 10 Jul 2010, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi
To summarize and simplify above

1/. We need to reach 25 Pces (Factory Minimum)
2/. Place your order via the website link provided Paying only 50% deposit for now. (To your advantage to pay in US Dollars)
3/. In about 10 Days we will accumulate the orders and make the Purchase based on # of deposits received.
4/. Factory Production time is about 2 weeks.
5/. We will request the other part of the payment and price will be determined based on quantity.
5/. We ship with postal Service (Shipping time about 7 Business days) with Proforma invoice value lowered and description of REPLACEMENT TAIL LIGHT LENS
Remember this includes to your door. In the other "deal" you were liable for local shipping costs. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hope this makes all that Blurb clear.

Sean
RG

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 10:28 #2 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
No New orders to report on the Lights today.
Somehow I think this is gonna fizzle and die.
Is Price the Issue ? If so, what Price point is acceptable, Maybe I can do something with the factory.

Committed buyers

1 Tony_Fry
2 CDTi
3 milosnikolic
4 Micksnr

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 12:22 #3 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Well, We were on the Phone, "discussing", "reasoning" and checking shipping costs and money transfer costs with a fine tooth comb.

Considering the results thus far on the Poll, Both "Economic Conditions and Price seem to be the factors)

AS for the Differences with Wires vs Metal tracking as wiring, My personal feeling (and a few others) is Wiring is better, especially in cases of possible corrosion or need for repair or replacement so I am not going to ask that we change this, I see this as an advantage on ours. A wire is easy to replace ,basically.

So. With all considered, I have placed an initial order for 50 only Units. Which I will have in 2 weeks. I am taking the dive. The factory has worked with us and wants our business so that is a good thing and gave me the 200 Pces Price for this order only. (We shall see about that)

Shipping will be the Most economical Via UK Airmail or EMS From Hong Kong Direct to your door.

The Pair with Bulbs Will be £158.00
Shipping Cost for 1 Pair 28£
Total 186£

The Link http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=88

I felt it fair to ask for deposits on LIGHTS ONLY (79£) Balance + Shipping due prior to release. If Possible, can you please pay in US Funds. When Paid in GBP , Paypal Makes a Killing on the Exchange rate. I would rather have it ! I Need it more !

So, Can we get this thing Going? 8 are now Committed, and I am reserving 10 for Ebay.
Deposits would be great to help with this Outlay.

Those that have made deposits will only have balance due of the difference.

If anyone wants to make Full payment now, that would sure help

Payments can be made from the website, I have changed all.

There is a 3% discount to anyone paying with Mastercard or Visa direct. But that is done via Email or telephone. I Do not have Online Credit card processing.

I hope that this Moves us to action !

Sean
RadioGuy

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 12:57 #4 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Well Folks, We tried ! We have sold only 7 of the LED lights. Indications are that the price is too high , and economic conditions are bad, even though we are cheaper than the previous thread with a better currency exchange.

I have decided to Fill the orders that we have for these lights, I will pay a bit of a premium to the factory and only order 10 Units. 7 of which will go to People who placed the Deposits. (We also have 3 Samples)

I am forced to increase the price for the balance of 5 units. But It is only to the price of the "other" thread more or less. I have changed the website already.

I am sorry for this, I am not sure , exactly what went wrong, but I really don't want to be caught with 50 of these. The "other" thread had a list showing about 94 units wanted.

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 12:55 #5 

JohnDotCom
The thread of who was interested in them on the other side is disappointing that it materialised into so few orders,
many were saying they had been trying to get them for some time.

Thanks for your efforts in sourcing them and hopefully when people find better security in the future more will want them.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 15:02 #6 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
I Will be around if we can get a group buy going in the future !

Posted 17 Jul 2010, 15:49 #7 

CDTi
My LED lights have arrived. The usual excellent service from Sean - only a few days in transit from China.

Initial impressions are very good - they look absolutely fab. I probably won't get a chance to fit until tomorrow, though.
:ireland:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 12:30 #8 

CDTi
First pics of my new lights. I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I escaped from work (and SHMBO) and did a quick fit. I still need to align them properly and do the all important hose test for leaks but this is what they look like.

They are a perfect fit for the car and IMHO really modernise the rear end.

Thanks again Sean for sourcing these. We would never had got them without your help.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 19:20 #9 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
WOW ! One Question ! How do you step on the brake pedal, and then run to the back to see the LED Lights before they go out ! ?

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 20:08 #10 

CDTi
RadioGuy wrote:WOW ! One Question ! How do you step on the brake pedal, and then run to the back to see the LED Lights before they go out ! ?
I've long legs ;)

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 21:19 #11 

CDTi
Some more pics taken this evening, although probably not dark enough to give the best view of the lights in action. And yes, I noticed one of my number plate lights is blown :}

The camera screwed up the colours a bit but all functions do have the correct colour LED/bulb.

First pics - lights on:

Reverse lights:

Indicators: (couldn't get a good shot because the damn light wouldn't stay on :D )

Will do the hose test over the weekend but so far I'm delighted with these. Speaking of the hose test, the Chinese decided to use a one piece gasket instead of MGRs joined version. What is it with MGR and dodgy gaskets?

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 21:34 #12 

CDTi
I have now done the hose test on my new LED lights and am happy to report that they are waterproof.

I gave both sides a good dousing with the hose today and also washed the car with the pressure washer. There was absolutely no sign of water ingress.

So I am completely happy to recommend these lights to anyone who is thinking of buying.

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 16:21 #13 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi Guys All orders have been shipped !

Tracking #'s sent.

Thanks ! I have a few left if anyone is interested.

Sean

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 12:18 #14