I have just revived my new Iphone 4,

i have just upgraded from a Iphone 3G

Anyone else got one yet ?

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:37 #1 

Cowley_MOA
kandyman wrote:I have just revived my new Iphone 4,

i have just upgraded from a Iphone 3G

Anyone else got one yet ?

I have a 3GS but have not downloaded the update yet as some of my friends that have done it say that it has ruined their iphones.

Anyway what do you think of the 4?
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:40 #2 

andycolm
Nope. I have an iJesus 3G and the new OS4 has turned it into something that even Bill Gates would look at and say 'You know what, its a bit flaky this isnt it... Should we fix it?'

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:41 #3 

JohnDotCom
I read abut the problem with new phone and loss of signal depending ion how you hold the phone.
This has now been admitted by Apple and seems there will be a upgrade on the new ones coming through.
Think I'll wait and see for now.,
Have downloaded and using the latest 4 software.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:51 #4 

raistlin
So I'll stick with my Blackberry Storm II then ;) :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:56 #5 

SpongeBob
Downloaded the iOS 4 to my 3G phone and (as most others reported) it slowed it down quite a bit. Since doing a restart it improved a bit more.

However, on Saturday I got me a version 4 :D It fly's by in comparison. Impressed is me. Signal problems I have not yet encountered - 3G and WiFi connectivity seem to be much improved over my 3G. Mind you, there is plenty of good reception in the city here but I can imagine if you're out in the sticks with poor reception to start with then you might suffer some loss if holding in the wrong way (if there is such a thing!). Having read up on all the reports/theories it does all make sense so hopefully the software update expected will resolve most peoples problems.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:57 #6 

JohnDotCom
I found the 3GS was far quicker and better than the 3G, I will await a few more reviews and replies. ;)
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:03 #7 

andycolm
Its a memory issue or processor speed problem with the 3g ones. Mine locks up totally for over a minute if an email comes in whilst I am doing something else.. the Ipod sound stutters if you try to send a text or do anything else. It is no longer fit for purpose TBH, I am going to an Apple shop with mine. I want OS3 back.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:04 #8 

JohnDotCom
Can't you just roll back to original settings on your iTunes page with phone connected?
John

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:06 #9 

SpongeBob
JohnDotCom wrote:Can't you just roll back to original settings on your iTunes page with phone connected?

You can, but it's not that simple.... Have a read of this article: http://www.macworld.com/article/152428/ ... ne_3g.html

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:13 #10 

Ajd1
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I'm very impressed with it.

I've come from a 3g so have seen a big increase in speed, compared to the old one the 4 seems near instant in stating apps, sending texts etc.

Fortunately I haven't come across the signal issue with mine and actually find the opposite is true.

I've got a signal now in places I couldn't get one with the 3g, the GPS seems a lot more responsive and accurate.

And battery life is better for me as well.

Whether I'll still feel the same a few months down the line not sure, but personally with the 3g and now the 4 I haven't found a phone I'd like more than my iphone.

The only drawback I've found is I'm a bit more worried about dropping it or scratching the front or back.

Andy

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 07:46 #11 

Cowley_MOA
Ajd1 wrote:The only drawback I've found is I'm a bit more worried about dropping it or scratching the front or back.

Andy

A screen protector and a case solves that 8-)
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:24 #12 

Ajd1
Have some Best Skins on the way but haven't found a case I like yet.

Andy

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 18:33 #13