iPad Problem - update flag by raistlin

raistlin
I allowed my iPad to upgrade to IOS 9 and because of the fact that it then wiped out a full battery charge in 2.5 hours, I downgraded it back to IOS 8.

My problem is that the settings icon now has a red indicator above it which presumably will not disappear until and unless I re-do the IOS 9 upgrade (which isn't happening this side of Armageddon).

Does anybody know how to get rid of that specific update flag without stopping all the other update flags please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Sep 2015, 14:04 #1 

Jürgen
iOS 9 will be more energy efficient, resulting in a slightly longer battery life. I suggest to look for the culprit first, before sticking with iOS 8. Settings => Battery will reveal the power usage of the last 24 hours or 7 days. 2.5 hours could be the result of an app running in the background using GPS all the time.

Posted 20 Sep 2015, 16:22 #2 

raistlin
I went through all the tests Jürgen and it didn't make any difference. There was no visible source of power drain.

Reinstalling IOS 8 solved the problem.

I spent rather a long time with Apple Support and they eventually admitted that this was one of several serious problems which they hope to have solved by the end of next week with the introduction of IOS 9.01
Paul

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Sep 2015, 16:29 #3 

vindaloo
IOS 9.01 is available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted 24 Sep 2015, 09:36 #4 

raistlin
Thanks Jim :)
Paul