I'm quite amused really. by Bernard

Bernard
A customer of mine, whom I've got to know quite well over the years, used to work in the engine development at Longbridge. He is the proud owner of this LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) converted P5B which you may have seen at more than one Longbridge Rally and other places.

Rover p5b.jpg

He also owns a Classic range Rover, running LPG, which has has seen better days.
Whenever he comes to the workshop, usually for a chat, we tease him about his love for old cars and in return get a diatribe about the rubbish that is now turned out.

However, a couple of weeksago he was hanging around again, scoffing at the Supercharged Range Rover that I was clearing a suspension fault from. I also needed to take it for a test drive to check out the LPG setup on it as the owner wanted to sell having bought himself a Bentley. 8-)

"Why don't you sit in and have a ride?" we said to him. "You may be surprised."

He wasn't that interested but with a bit of grumbling came along and didn't really pass comment.

Yesterday he told me that he's bought the car! He had been well impressed.

Huh! Had an eye on it myself.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 15:36 #1 

starbug2
its the old thing of the early bird catches the worm :gmc: very nearly got a good mg f but it was gone before i decided to try for it :hissyfit: a bit back . not enough pennies now :gmc: . as to the photo - i'll be nice to you as i want you to goto Germany :) and only charge you a small fee :lol:

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 15:53 #2 

SpongeBob
You could always try bribery to get the car off him! :lol:

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 18:43 #3 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:You could always try bribery to get the car off him! :lol:

What is annoying is that even though he's a bit older than me, his insurance premium for the S/C Rangie is going to cost him less than mine for my V8. :(
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 21:03 #4