I have aqcuired a Motorcycle by carlpenn

• Related topics: (no related topics)

carlpenn
I have become the owner of my late brothers Motorcycle, It is a Suzuki GS 125 ESX which he owned from new, It is an X reg 2000 yr.

Sadly as it has been stood for a couple of years, it is going to need a few jobs doing, the exhaust needs replacing, the Brakes need sorting as they have siezed and there is a big rip in the seat, there may be other issues but they are the ones that stick out.

I have never owned a Motorcycle, not really been over interested in them, but I would like to get this roadworthy for the obvious reason - it was my Brothers - and my Wife wants to use it to travel to and from work during the "Dryer" weather and I may dabble for fun.

I will be collecting it soon and want to know, what is the system for getting a Bike License? I am a complete noob when it comes to Bikes etc
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 10:36 #1 

takestock
Up to a 125cc it can be driven on a provisional licence and L plates providing you have completed a CBT course, these have to be taken every 2 years unless you pass your bike test. cost was around £90 last time I checked for my son. They call it a CBT TEST, but nobody I know has ever failed.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 12:25 #2 

Last edited by takestock on 01 Aug 2010, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Have you booked a hospital bed???? :lol: :roll:

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 13:31 #3 

carlpenn
Cheers Dave :D
Upgrades:

Posted 02 Aug 2010, 16:44 #4 

Zeb
Have a read through here.....

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=108

Don't let James put you off...he is a tad biased... :lol:

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 08:17 #5 

carlpenn
Zeb wrote:Have a read through here.....

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=108

Don't let James put you off...he is a tad biased... :lol:

lol I wont. Bikes mainly for wife to get to work on, its only a five mile trip now for her and it will save a fortune in fuel costs and wear and tear on the 75.

Thanks for link, will have a scoot through.

Carl.
Upgrades:

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 09:41 #6 

MrB
takestock wrote:Up to a 125cc it can be driven on a provisional licence and L plates providing you have completed a CBT course, these have to be taken every 2 years unless you pass your bike test. cost was around £90 last time I checked for my son. They call it a CBT TEST, but nobody I know has ever failed.

My Brother failed it twice - don't ask - I have no idea how either

TBH he has never ridden a push bike so I guess that won't have helped.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 08 Aug 2010, 01:13 #7