How much by PaulT

• Related topics: (no related topics)

PaulT
On the BBC News website is a story about a load of counterfeit football shirts being found and two paragraphs were:

Immigration minister Damian Green said smugglers undercut honest businesses by an estimated £11bn a year.

Fake shirts can cost from £9 to £30 via mail order whereas genuine ones cost between £35 and £48.

I am having trouble getting my head around 'honest businesses' and 'cost between £35 and £48'
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 06:47 #1 

Russ
(Trader)
I know what you mean, I was involved in retail clothing for some time and sometimes it's almost criminal how much mark up is made over the manufactured cost.

Cost of manufacture of these football shirts is probably less than £2.

Depends who you buy from, the larger the retailer the more likely you're being ripped off, these days they buy direct from the manufacturer and organise all the importing and shipping themselves.

Smaller retailers normally to buy from warehouses, who have to buy from the importer who in turn buy from the manufacturer.

Often the counterfiet goods are no different in quality, I've got a counterfiet branded sweatshirt that is still going strong after 12yrs.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 22:12 #2