Hi All by ned1

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ned1
Hi all, Its an honour and a pleasure being part of the forum. I cant promise mind , that there will be no inane and seemingly stupid questions relating to repairs etc, but i am sure there are many experts out there to offer advice and guidance.

I have been servicing my own workhorse for the past four years of not so troubloe free motoring. Still love it though.

Peace out

Ned
The road to success is always under construction.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 21:53 #1 

ned1
intro...how very rude of me

Hi
I am in teesside ,on my first rover 75 ( used to have a 414sli years ago...best car ever).
Love my workhorse 75, wish i could afford a facelifted one, wish mine didnt have sooo many niggling jobs outstanding, wish it did more mpg, wished rover made that coupe version

apart from that

HELLO!

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 22:26 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Welcome Ned, glad to have you on board. :)

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 22:36 #3 

Duncan
Welcome from me too. We all may have a lot of wishes, but no make or model is problem free!

Personally I wish they weren't so addictive. I have two 75s and a 45.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 22:45 #4 

ned1
Thanks fellas. Yes they are addictive, I have thought about getting rid over the years a few times, but when the jobs are done, new clutch, brakes... I have my faith restored. My mate went and bought one aswell not long after me, a tourer auto diesel...he loves his apart from the need to tow a fuel tanker behind him.

Over all though hats off to the people who made em.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 23:05 #5 

ned1
long day today, tomorrow need to go and buy brake discs for front, as they are warped (cheapish off flea bay)...do i really need to change pads aswell , as they are nearly new?

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 23:31 #6 

ned1
catch you all tomorrow good people.

peace out.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 23:32 #7 

Duncan
ned1 wrote:long day today, tomorrow need to go and buy brake discs for front, as they are warped (cheapish off flea bay)...do i really need to change pads aswell , as they are nearly new?

It depends how bad the old discs were, as the pads may have bedded to those discs and cause uneven wear to your new discs. Personally I would replace.

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 08:10 #8 

ned1
The 'old' discs are actually a year old with 8000miles on em , warped like a jelly mould and not in bad nick at all. the pads look fine. I suppose its just me trying to save money. lol

In hindsight i may be best replacing all like you suggest, as the pads came with the discs .

cheers Duncan

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 11:26 #9 

raistlin
Nice to see you on the forum Ned.

DOn't foget, "The only stupid question is the one you fail to ask" :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 11:29 #10 

geesmith
The only stupid question is one about your Humvee on the Greenpeace forums....that would be fairly stupid.
Hiya ned. :)

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 13:29 #11 

ned1
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I have left a beer on the bar for you all.

Posted 22 Nov 2011, 22:14 #12