HELP - network problem by raistlin

raistlin
18-09-2014 08-43-26.jpg
An odd one is this :(

This PC has suddenly started asking me for a password to access my NAS and it's drives, either as UNC paths or as mapped drives.

I have tried my PC password and also my NAS password but it won't allow access, telling me bad username or password.

I can get to my NAS settings via its URL and I can access the drives from my TV and my iPad and my laptop.

I have my networking on this PC set to NOT require a password.

Please can anybody help?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 07:49 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Not much help but mine does this anyway with win7. Googling suggested it couldn't be changed as it was a win7 glitch.

IIRC you're using win8? Any updates been installed that could have altered a setting?

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 13:15 #2 

raistlin
I'm using W7 Dave.

It was working fine. I left it for an hour and then it started playing up.
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 13:42 #3 

PaulT
Presumably you have scanned for any nasties on the PC
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 16:20 #4 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Presumably you have scanned for any nasties on the PC

Yes Paul.
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 16:21 #5 

PaulT
Paul, do not know if you have solved your problem - hope you have - but the other day I downloaded VCL Video Player and from the download site came a number of other downloads which were not nice. They would not uninstall, each time I tried Norton (I use 360) reported that there was suspect activity. Running the scanner did not really solve things but looking at what the suspect program was when Norton reported it showed that I could download SymHelp from Norton. Downloaded it and it found six things that needed uninstalling which it did.

SymHelp downloads to the Desktop and I think I will run it now on a regular basis.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Sep 2014, 18:30 #6