Heading south.... by SpongeBob

SpongeBob
Just had my first sighting of a flock Canadian Geese this season that are taking flight down south for the winter season ahead. Usually autumnal weather is preceded by the geese departing so I guess this must be the official end of summer, especially as it is so close to the 21st now. Guess its time to fetch out me jumpers and coats.... :gmc:

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 17:32 #1 

Duncan
We seem to be on a flight path too. Trouble is as well as the early / late calls, they love leaving deposits as they pass by. Makes starling droppings seem tame.....

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 19:57 #2 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:We seem to be on a flight path too. Trouble is as well as the early / late calls, they love leaving deposits as they pass by. Makes starling droppings seem tame.....

Thank heavens that elephants don't fly ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 20:09 #3 

SpongeBob
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:We seem to be on a flight path too. Trouble is as well as the early / late calls, they love leaving deposits as they pass by. Makes starling droppings seem tame.....

Would that be a dumbo jet? :lol: :gmc:

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 21:08 #4 

Duncan
No.

It would be a jumbo dump.

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 21:13 #5 

raistlin
SpongeBob wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Would that be a dumbo jet? :lol: :gmc:

Probably. :lol:
Paul

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 21:35 #6 

James.uk
I guess the wild geese will soon be on the move, be interesting to see when the semi tame ones in the local parks depart. They may leave late due to being well fed by local people. Or are they too fat due to a diet of bread, chips, burgers and other rubbish.. :roll:

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 22:19 #7 

raistlin
James.uk wrote: Or are they too fat due to a diet of bread, chips, burgers and other rubbish.. :roll:

Just as well I don't have to migrate then ;)
Paul

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 22:23 #8 

Cowley_MOA
James.uk wrote:I guess the wild geese will soon be on the move, be interesting to see when the semi tame ones in the local parks depart. They may leave late due to being well fed by local people. Or are they too fat due to a diet of bread, chips, burgers and other rubbish.. :roll:

That sounds quite a bit like this James
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jpVbEL0jc
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 23:08 #9