Had enough of my employer now ...... by takestock (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

takestock
Dec 2007 90 days notice of redundancy
Dec 2008 90 days notice of redundancy
Dec 2009 90 days notice of redundancy
Dec 2010 90 days notice of redundancy
Jan 2012 just got 90 days notice of redundancy, think i've had enough now :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 16:00 #1 

zojosc
Sorry to hear your bad news Dave, this seems a great chunk of your life spent clearing your desk!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 16:12 #2 

Bermudan 75
Seems to be the typical attitude of a large number of empoyers towards their employees. Hope you get a positive outcome out of this Dave.

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 16:23 #3 

calibrax
That's not good at all... is this all with the same employer, and you've had a reprieve each time?

Been with my current employer for 16 years now, and had the 90 day notice back in 2004... they found me another role though, thankfully...
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 16:45 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's tantamount to Chinese water torture. Really feel for you Dave. :(

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 17:17 #5 

Bernard
That's just not fair. I think that I would have been looking for alternative employment by now.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 17:21 #6 

Dave Goody
Mick wrote:That's tantamount to Chinese water torture. Really feel for you Dave. :(

No thats just owning a 75/ZT Mick

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 17:49 #7 

pab
Sorry to hear that, seems they are very consistent with the notice though.

Play them at their game and give them notice if you've had enough..

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 18:02 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
pab wrote:Play them at their game and give them notice if you've had enough..

Advising someone to shoot themselves in the foot? Sounds familiar. ;)

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 18:03 #9 

takestock
calibrax wrote:That's not good at all... is this all with the same employer, and you've had a reprieve each time?

Yup, same employer, thing is i now have 10yr service in. I have another job offer, similar pay and conditions with a different company,

So, I have inquired about VR, I am told it seems unlikely as they have a backlog in the current scheme that is ending. So, jump and lose the best part of £10k in redundancy pay but have another job, or not and read between the lines of a further off record phone call i have just had. :) :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 18:10 #10 

1gp
I would stick it out, and take the money... looking at the history though, it looks like it wont happen, whats different this time..

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:14 #11 

takestock
1gp wrote:I would stick it out, and take the money... looking at the history though, it looks like it wont happen, whats different this time..

government has stopped funding to the contract, terminal i'm afraid..........
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:27 #12 

starbug2
i hope you get it sorted how you want . not fair how firms can mess with you...i know that all to well..........

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:31 #13 

Borg Warner
Jump Dave. They obviousley have no loyalty or compassion to you, return the gesture.

Makes me so mad when employers treat their best and most expensive asset like this.

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:42 #14 

takestock
Borg Warner wrote:Jump Dave. They obviousley have no loyalty or compassion to you, return the gesture.

Makes me so mad when employers treat their best and most expensive asset like this.

"So, jump and lose the best part of £10k in redundancy pay but have another job,"

This is my problem. :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:51 #15 

Duncan
Sorry to hear it again Dave. I guess you are worried if you don't take the job that's available now, you won't get another. I'm confident it wouldn't be that long, with your skills and experience. You know only you can decide though.

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 19:56 #16 

Borg Warner
Thing is Dave they will keep you hanging on, playing on your loyalty, promise you this, that and everything. Then administer the coup de gras.

Sorry if I sound harsh but have seen this first hand. I know how tough a decision it is.

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 20:01 #17 

MrDoodles
No doubt you've been "out-sourced" mate! :evil:

Not sure what I'd do in a similar situation mate, so just go with your gut feeling! :)

Hope it turns out for the best! :cheers:

Posted 14 Jan 2013, 20:04 #18 

Jürgen
Good luck, Dave, I hope the times of uncertainty will be gone soon. Fingers crossed.

Posted 15 Jan 2013, 15:37 #19 

1gp
If it were me , i would stay to the end , and take what is yours . 10k is alot of money too walk away from... and by the sound of things dave , you should have no problem finding work... what does the wife think ? there normally right... :-D

Posted 16 Jan 2013, 22:33 #20