Grrr!! T4 users, advice please... by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Bought a nice touchscreen tablet to run the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) the other week. Finally got round to installing RDS and sorting out my network problem as it wouldn't talk to the T4 box. Plugged it in today and my god it's slow. In fact slow doesn't sum it up! However before RDS was installed it was a fairly nippy device. Only Intel Duo 1ghz but really nice to work with. Then worse than that RDS has no uninstall! :(

Only took 5min to do a restore though :)

Anyone any ideas where the drag would be? RDS doesn't seem that resource hungry despite over taking the PC, and flits between the menu's at speed. Talking to the car is a mare though so could be the LAN??

Normal laptop runs a charm and about 20x quicker, I'm not exagerating that either!

Posted 20 Aug 2011, 12:42 #1 

Duncan
I thought the RDS install disc had an uninstall option on it? Can't imagine its a PC speed or memory problem either as I run RDS on a centrino 1.7ghz as fast as you like. My older win 98 based version runs on something very slow!

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 12:19 #2 

Jürgen
Monk wrote:[...] so could be the LAN??

What's the type of connection? Is it plain Ethernet or do you have to use something else?

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 13:33 #3 

Duncan
It's ethernet. Just the normal RJ connection.

I wonder if theres some kind of firewall issue?

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 13:54 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Firewall is turned off, as is the antivirus

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 16:57 #5