Fuel burning heater by Pedro

Pedro
We haven't had a fuel burning heater thread, or not one that I am aware of anyway, so let's have one!

Last year I built my own fbh remote using this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46972 and this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3315 together with some invaluable technical support from Raistlin. This switches the fbh on remotely by earthing pin 3 on the burner unit, but at present doesn't switch on the climate control at all, so it's very useful but could be better. My question is: how would I go about linking it in to the climate control? Is there a 'How to' ?

It was great last winter in all the snow when I would get up from my desk, go over to the window and press the remote button. 'Just switching the car heater on' - they all went green!! :mrgreen:
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:58 #1 

raistlin
Might be worth clicking on the links in my sig Peter :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:08 #2 

Duncan
There isn't a how to on here yet that I know of.

Sounds like you have some tech knowledge already so this may be enough info to get you going...

If you look at the circuit diagram for the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) panel, it has three supplies. Battery, Accessory, Ignition.

To make it work, you need to switch the Accessory and Ign supplies on with a pair of relays, or some diodes so you don't back feed the rest of the car.

If that's not enough, I'll try to look up the wiring info but it may take me a while. I need to do it anyway to do the mod to mine.

EDIT: or look at Pauls links.....

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:11 #3 

Pedro
Thanks Guys - I'll have a look at Paul's links. Duncan, technical knowledge...me ??, er not a lot! I don't mind having a crack at certain things, but it doesn't come naturally!
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:55 #4