Forum / Website issues by Mick (Page 2 of 3)

Zeb
Not been able to get on for some time...now had to log in again...

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 00:03 #21 

Bernard
A bit slow this morning and only me here.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 08:45 #22 

Dallas
Took me about a minute to log in, its the same moving from page to page (quite slow)......

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 01:37 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Not been able to get on for some time...now had to log in again...

I had to manually reboot the server,

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 12:22 #24 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:A bit slow this morning and only me here.

Nothing in logs, probably a network slowdown.

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 12:23 #25 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dallas wrote:Took me about a minute to log in, its the same moving from page to page (quite slow)......

At this time the server is set to update the Webalizer (The Webalizer is a fast, free web server log file analysis program. It produces highly detailed, easily configurable usage reports in HTML format, for viewing with a standard web browser.). We did not think this was an issue running in the middle of the night. It does take up a lot of processor power in it's current configuration, thus slowing the operation of the forum. This action has now been set to run over the course of several hours at low level rather than flat out for 30 minutes.

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 13:43 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quick update on hacking problems with the server.
We have traced the main problem to one IP which has now been black listed in the firewall. This has reduced the incidence of hacking attacks to the occasional opportunist attempt. The IP's for those will be added to the firewall as and when they occur.

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 13:54 #27 

JohnDotCom
Keep at it Guys. ;) :angry:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 18:45 #28 

Ragman
no access to server message around 11pm tonight
when I got access I'd been logged out
very slow to post posts!

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 23:16 #29 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I rebooted the server just after 11.00pm as the forum was a bit sluggish.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 23:29 #30 

Ragman
That'll be it then

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 23:30 #31 

Mick
(Site Admin)
:) .

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 23:32 #32 

starbug2
sorry missed all the fun as not been on the pc for a couple of days hope you keep on top of the bad folk who mess about...

Posted 08 Jan 2012, 17:36 #33 

takestock
You talking about me?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jan 2012, 20:59 #34 

Dave
takestock wrote:You talking about me?

Did you type that using the voice of Mr T? That's how I read it! :D

Posted 09 Jan 2012, 08:47 #35 

MrDoodles
Hi Mick!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't see how to post a new Thread! :em:

Tapatalk still won't let me post or reply to threads, is there anything I can do, or is it your end please? :confused:

Comes up about IP being Black Listed or something! :confused:

Posted 29 Dec 2012, 16:37 #36 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This does occasionally happen and is a Tapatalk issue not your IP or the forum per sé. I can only advise that you log out then log back in to clear the fault.

Posted 29 Dec 2012, 18:15 #37 

MrDoodles
Thanks Mick! :mrgreen:

Posted 29 Dec 2012, 21:52 #38 

Jürgen
It's not a fault with Tapatalk. It's the temporary IP address you got from your provider, which has been blacklisted.

Posted 29 Dec 2012, 22:34 #39 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jürgen wrote:It's not a fault with Tapatalk. It's the temporary IP address you got from your provider, which has been blacklisted.

Not necessarily true but often is the case. Several times this same issue has been reported, where the same IP used in connecting from a desktop machine fails when used by a mobile device using Tapatalk. It may in some situations be the DNSBL software we have running, where the mobile and or the desktop device is seen as usurping the IP and, therefore, wrongly, designates it as blacklisted when in fact it is just duplicated. The software sees duplicated IP's as suspect but only sometimes. :confused:
I have had the same problem when trying to access the forum with a second desktop machine using the same external IP. So there appear to be several circumstances under which this problem can occur.In any event the solution is to log out and log back in or restart your router or reconnect your mobile device.

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 00:25 #40