fog lights by kevin

kevin
have got a set of fog lights coming with the wiring. :D
how do you change over the light switch as mine has no fog lights switch in it.

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 12:49 #1 

JohnDotCom
You need to change over the front part only which has the Fog lights switches etc on,
the rear part has to be matched to your car as it stores information there and error messages would appear if you swap whole unit over.

Available from Rimmers / XPart but try Les at SMC Trading or HotblackDesiato, plus the normal sources, scrap yards and EBay.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 13:44 #2 

Rammie
kevin wrote:have got a set of fog lights coming with the wiring. :D
how do you change over the light switch as mine has no fog lights switch in it.

Hi, this is what you need, but you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-MGZT-New ... 51918d4f45

As John said you only want the front switch section, not the rear part as this will be of no use to you, and you could end up paying postage on something that you will chuck.
Brian

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 14:30 #3 

kevin
thanks for the replys.
what I need to know is how the unit come out the car and how you get the front switch section apart from the rest.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 06:39 #4 

Rammie
kevin wrote:thanks for the replys.
what I need to know is how the unit come out the car and how you get the front switch section apart from the rest.

Hi Kevin, I have fitted these to my car and it's not too bad a job really if you have all the componants i.e replacement switch / wiring loom / relay / bezels / oh, and Fog lights of course :roll:

You need to remove the trim that is above the pedals, 2 screws, and remove, that gives you access to the current switch, this just unclips from the top using a small screwdriver, unplug the cable from this and plug it into the new one. Refitting is the reverse procedure. The new switch is a plug and play so no need for any T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) work etc.

The current bezels on the front just unclip to reveal the hole for the fog lights. These screw in with the 3 self tappers included ( hopefully) and drop the undertray to route the wires back up to the fuse box under the bonnet. Fit the relay in there and earth the wire and that should be job done, If I remember correctly :2:

At the risk of being :censored: there is a usful guide here at #4.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... front+fogs

Hope this helps, if I can do it then you will have no problems :cheers:
Brian

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 07:08 #5 

kevin
thanks for that just the info I was looking for.
did look on the other side but was unable to find anything. :em:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:53 #6 

Rammie
kevin wrote:thanks for that just the info I was looking for.

Ahh! Your welcome, let me know how you get on with it. :cheers:
Brian

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:05 #7 

kevin
Yertiz wrote:
kevin wrote:thanks for that just the info I was looking for.

Ahh! Your welcome, let me know how you get on with it. :cheers:

will be doing a how to when I do it for all to see.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 06:44 #8