EXIF-Data by WillyHeckaslike

• Related topics: (no related topics)

WillyHeckaslike
I uploaded a pic of a head gasket but after checking it I felt that the EXIF-Data added eye clutter and complication to the view plus the date/time stamp from my camera was incorrect because I rarely set it.

So having upIoaded the pic I then opted not to display the EXIF-Data in my User CP and the EXIF-Data is now hidden, but only if I look at the pic when I'm logged in. If I look at the pic when I'm not logged in the EXIF-Data is still displayed. :-o

Posted 23 Mar 2012, 14:22 #1 

SpongeBob
The only way to remove the EXIF data is to upload a photograph/image without the EXIF data attached to it. Sometimes the EXIF data is useful to others, particularly for photographs when people can see what camera and settings were used to take the shot. The setting regarding displaying EXIF data is on a per-user basis, so yes what you see when you are not logged in is correct because the setting can only be applied when you are logged in to the site. I hope that makes sense.

I take your point about the eye clutter and maybe it's something that can be addressed in a future update.

Posted 23 Mar 2012, 16:26 #2 

WillyHeckaslike
Thanks for that explanation Simon, see how it works now. Will have to look at how to upload a pic without the data then, not into photography so it's all geek to me. :geek:

Posted 24 Mar 2012, 00:30 #3