EGR pipe by raistlin

raistlin
I'm after one of these please:-

It is the pipe that conducts the exhaust gas to the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) valve on a Diesel with automatic transmission.

Preferably with the clamps at both ends :)

Can anybody help please?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Aug 2013, 18:40 #1 

raistlin
OK, thanks to Lyndon (Wolvers75) and confirmed by several other diesel owners, the problem is identified and the solution sorted.

It appears that the exhaust pipe that connects to the blanking plate on the EGR bypass blows the flange seal joints apart owing to the increased pressure in the pipe with it being blocked at one end.

The solution is to remove the whole of the pipework where it joins the exhaust manifold and weld up the hole in the manifold :)

Thanks to Lyndon and the other chaps who assisted :)
Paul

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 11:20 #2 

Bermudan 75
Was this causing any problems with your car Paul?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 12:00 #3 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:Was this causing any problems with your car Paul?

Cheers

Mike

I don't know Mike, but exhaust gas escaping close to the manifold can't be good can it?
Paul

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 12:13 #4 

kandyman
Glad you got it sorted,

The part in question is know as Pipe-exhaust gas recirculation cooler - Part No.: WAP101270A

it is shown as in stock at http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-WAP101270A and sales for £36.06 ex VAT £43.27 inc VAT

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 17:14 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
The manual exhaust pipe to the EGR is as one piece unlike the Auto, i wonder if after the EGR by pass if a manual one could be fitted to the Auto instead of welding over the exhaust manifold outlet, just seems a bit drastic welding the outlet over and i should imagine a nightmare to revert back if you had or wanted to for some reason.

I do note though that these are welded into place also

But it was this welded end that blew on Pauls pipe
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 12:12 #6 

MrDoodles
I can't see MGR doing a separate part for the auto, unless it needed it! :confused:

Might it be something to do with the torque loading and movements on an auto box, when in kick down and the box changes gear at peak revs? :confused:

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 13:36 #7 

Duncan
Sorry, but I don't believe it's a pressure issue. The EGR valve is closed most of the time, so the pressure will be the same with an EGR valve as without it. The problem is much more likely to be related to vibration.

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 21:08 #8 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Sorry, but I don't believe it's a pressure issue.

Could be, but I based my supposition on the understanding that this hasn't been reported on cars with the EGR still working Duncan.
Paul

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 21:17 #9