'Edit' button gone AWOL !! by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
Returned to one of my posts to edit it and there is no 'edit' button !! Where's it gone? (Yes, I am logged in)

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 13:59 #1 

Tourerfogey
Mmmm, strange - shows in the above post but not the post I want to edit ?? (post 9 in '75/zt Enthusiasts' thread)

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 14:01 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
30 minute limit on edit button. Yes this is new. To prevent misuse. No, not just for you.

Any more questions? :lol:

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 16:14 #3 

Zeb
We keep squabbling about this function.....one day we'll make a decision.... :shock:

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 17:03 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No squabbling here, if my fellow inmates don't like it they'll change it. :D

After Jürgens tales of destruction it seemed to me to be an appropriate course of action.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 17:12 #5 

Tourerfogey
I'm at a complete loss here as to what's going on :confused:

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 21:39 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I have put a 30 minute timer on the edit button. A post only remains editable for 30 minutes after posting.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:00 #7 

zojosc
After 30 minutes I have forgotten I have posted anything let alone thinking about changing it!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 05:49 #8 

kandyman
zojosc wrote:After 30 minutes I have forgotten I have posted anything let alone thinking about changing it!

:clap:

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 06:52 #9 

raistlin
Mick wrote:No squabbling here, if my fellow inmates don't like it they'll change it. :D

After Jürgens tales of destruction it seemed to me to be an appropriate course of action.

Not happy with this Mick. Could I please strongly recommend that you go back to previous please? I've just discovered a glaring grammatical error in a post and can't rectumfry it.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 09:30 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It is accepted practice to read what you have written and edit accordingly before hitting the submit button, or re-read what you have written after submission and then make the appropriate edit. It's not an examination paper, you won't be marked down for faulty grammar or spelling mistooks. Andy's answer was the best one so far. :lol: Like it. :D

OK Ok, I'll reverse my decision, until such time somebody changes the content of a post so as to make nonsense of a topic, or indeed falls out with somebody else and edits out the contents of all their own posts. Which was the horror story I was referring to.

Now get back to work. ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 10:20 #11 

raistlin
Mick wrote:Now get back to work. ;)

Work??? Wassat???

Thanks Mick :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 11:27 #12 

scooterchick
zojosc wrote:After 30 minutes I have forgotten I have posted anything let alone thinking about changing it!

Same here. I had a reply to a PM which made no sense whatsoever cos I couldn't remember for the life of me what I'd said initially. Old age doesn't come alone :em:

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 08:47 #13