Easyjet Booking Cancellation? by Lightpainter

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Lightpainter
My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has to undergo surgery and radiotherapy so unfortunately we have had to cancel our holiday in Menorca, I have cancelled our accommodation but I cannot find how to cancel our flight booking with Easyjet, there is nowhere on there site that has that facility, I realise that they do not refund for cancellations but my insurance company require proof of cancellation.
I would appreciate any help that can be offered; perhaps I just can’t see it!

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 20:36 #1 

Rammie
Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about your wife's condition, hope things get sorted out for you both really soon.

I don't know a definative answer to your flight problem but i did find this on the web
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#refunds
It seems that you would need to ring them about it, but you may have already tried this avenue.

Please pass my best wishes to your wife and the same to you too.

Keep us informed when you can how things are progressing.

Kind regards

Brian
Brian

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 20:55 #2 

Simon
Rammie wrote:Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about your wife's condition, hope things get sorted out for you both really soon.

I don't know a definative answer to your flight problem but i did find this on the web
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#refunds
It seems that you would need to ring them about it, but you may have already tried this avenue.

Please pass my best wishes to your wife and the same to you too.

Keep us informed when you can how things are progressing.

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Peter

I wish to second Brian's get well wishes to your Good Lady.

As I have never flown with Easyjet I cannot help or offer advice I'm afraid. Sorry :gmc:
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 21:02 #3 

JohnDotCom
Peter very sorry to hear of your Wifes condition and we wish her a speedy recovery.

I will PM you further details tomorrow when at our Manchester Office.
Normally you need to phone then confirm in writing to get a response from them I'm afraid.
The on-line form they use to have has er "disappeared"
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 21:34 #4 

raistlin
Nothing of help to add Peter, but shocked and dismayed to hear your news.

Best wishes to your good lady and also to you to keep up the strength you'll need.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 21:49 #5 

Ragman
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your good lady

From memory I think it is a case of phoning easyjet - all I would say it try to get through to a supervisor early in the call, they can at least make decisions, it'll say you a bunch of time

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 22:00 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery for Mrs Lightpainter.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 22:39 #7 

MrB
Mick wrote:Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery for Mrs Lightpainter.

:iagree: Wishing your good lady a full and speedy recovery.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:35 #8 

zojosc
Sorry to hear of the illness of your wife. I wish here all the strength and best wishes in these times.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:46 #9 

Lightpainter
I have just got back from taking my wife June to the hospital for her lumpectomy operation, this will be followed by approx 5 weeks of radiotherapy treatment.

June thanks you all for your kind wishes!

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 12:21 #10 

Rammie
Your more than welcome.

I'm sure all our thoughts will be with you both over the coming weeks.

Best wishes

Brian
Brian

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 12:44 #11 

SpongeBob
As per other comments I cannot offer any direct advice regarding EasyJet but I wish to pass on my well-wishes to yourself and especially your wife. Hopefully she'll recieve the best attention and have a speedy recovery.

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 13:32 #12 

ColinB
Sorry to hear this Peter, best wishes to both of you.

Colin

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 15:43 #13 

Jürgen
Peter, I wish both of you all the best and I hope she will have a speedy recovery.

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 10:18 #14 

Diesel
So sorry to hear of this Peter - hope all works out for the best.

I had to cancel a flight with EasyJet and the only way was to ring them.

The customer services number is 0871 244 2366

However, that charges you at 10p per minute. By checking on the following website, www.saynoto0870.com it gives an alternative number as 0870 6000000 which is said to be cheaper. This number 01582 700036 is also listed, but may or may not work.

Hope this helps, and good luck ;)

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 22:08 #15 

Lightpainter
Manage to get the flight cancelation sorted by emailing the Easyjet Customer Experience Team, just waiting for the insurance letter by post.

My wife June has had her lumpectomy operation and is recuperation at home with my full attention, I actually cooked the first meal I have ever done since getting married in 1964, never allowed in the kitchen before!
We have to wait for the dreaded results of the biopsy on surrounding tissue before we can get back to anything approaching a normal life.

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 10:48 #16 

takestock
Well done for taking the helm in the kitchen Peter, be prepared for the criticism, then you will know she is on the mend. :D

Best wishes for the future to you both
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 11:47 #17 

Lightpainter
O joy, June is finally home from hospital after her 2nd operation but why can’t she see what I have done instead of what I haven’t?
Admittedly I forgot to water a few (all) house plants but who hasn’t!

Posted 07 Sep 2010, 16:21 #18 

carlpenn
I have only just come across this thread and just wanted to send my best wishes to both you and your wife.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 09:22 #19