Dvla coooomee ooooonnn by Thomas 75 connie

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Thomas 75 connie
I phoned the dvla this morning regarding my car and to get a new log book as the previous owner lost it is going to take 4-6 weeks to come through. I'm gutted I've got to wait now just to tax the car arrrgggh!!! I'm already getting tetchy not having th car but this is going to drive me nuts. Rant over. Lovely day anyway isn't it :mrgreen:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 10:19 #1 

JohnDotCom
I thought you could tax it on line as long as the MOT is valid and on computer as well as Insurance
valid and registered for said vehicle.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:09 #2 

Thomas 75 connie
I'm not registered as the owner yet the dvla has taken down my details but I have to send a v62 form off

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:16 #3 

JohnDotCom
A local DVLA office might be more help and at least tax it why you wait with your other documents.
I've done this at our local office, well 45 miles away.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:24 #4 

Thomas 75 connie
Cheers john I phoned them up again and they said there is no way that it can be taxed untill I recieve the log book which is gutting I said I can go over to Portsmouth and they said they wouldn't be able to do it. So I'm just off to the post office to see if I can get the form to send it all off.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:32 #5 

PaulT
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Cheers john I phoned them up again and they said there is no way that it can be taxed untill I recieve the log book which is gutting I said I can go over to Portsmouth and they said they wouldn't be able to do it. So I'm just off to the post office to see if I can get the form to send it all off.

From the Directgov website (my highlighting):

Taxing without a Registration Certificate or New Keeper Supplement
If you’re shown as the registered keeper of the vehicle on DVLA records, you can tax in person or by post at your nearest DVLA local office.

You’ll need to complete a V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) which must be accompanied by £25 (fee for a duplicate Registration Certificate). Include this with a completed V10 ‘Vehicle licence application’, MOT, insurance and payment for vehicle tax.

If your address has changed, you’ll need to provide your driving licence, original bank or building society statement or recent utility bill. If your name has changed, you need to provide your marriage certificate, decree nisi, decree absolute or deed poll.

If you’re not shown as the registered keeper on DVLA records you cannot tax the vehicle. You’ll need to apply for a Registration Certificate in your name. To get one, fill in form V62 ‘Application for a Vehicle Registration Certificate’ and post to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1DD. You may have to wait up to four weeks for a new certificate to arrive. In the meantime, you should keep your vehicle off the road.

So, unfortunately, the PO is not going to have a form.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 12:00 #6 

JohnDotCom
....and the DVLA wonder why people drive around untaxed!
John

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 12:02 #7 

MrB
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 12:15 #8 

Thomas 75 connie
Thanks everybody I'm just off to get the form and send it off I hope I can get this sorted soon cheers

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 12:28 #9 

James.uk
Under similar circumstances, I drove mine with no tax up, the difference is I am disabled, so don't pay the tax, therefore I felt I was cheating no one. And I needed to use the car. :confused:

What would have happened had I been stopped I have no idea. Maybe the kind Policeman would have understood and let me orf.......... ;) :)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 14:55 #10 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:....and the DVLA wonder why people drive around untaxed!

If the person you are buying off has the log book then they just give you the slip from that and no problem taxing it.

However, if there is no log book they will write to the person who is the Registered Keeper on their database to make sure that it has actually been sold. All the warnings are 'do not buy a vehicle without a log book'. An attempt to stop stolen cars being sold.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 17:31 #11 

Thomas 75 connie
I was kindly given the car for free I was given the previous owners green slip which has already been stamped anyway sorted now so just a case of waiting :|

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 23:31 #12 

MrB
Thomas 75 connie wrote:I was kindly given the car for free I was given the previous owners green slip which has already been stamped anyway sorted now so just a case of waiting :|

I remember reading the full story of your coming into the ownership of your 75. Glad to see it is now in your hands.

Am sure you will be on the road soon enough. The previous I am sure will be very quick in responding to the DVLA.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 09:53 #13 

Thomas 75 connie
MrB wrote:
Thomas 75 connie wrote:I was kindly given the car for free I was given the previous owners green slip which has already been stamped anyway sorted now so just a case of waiting :|

I remember reading the full story of your coming into the ownership of your 75. Glad to see it is now in your hands.

Am sure you will be on the road soon enough. The previous I am sure will be very quick in responding to the DVLA.

Chris

Thanks the car is still in somerset at the moment awaiting an mot then once it's taxed and insured I'll be bringing it home caant wait

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 10:11 #14 

MrB
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Thanks the car is still in somerset at the moment awaiting an mot then once it's taxed and insured I'll be bringing it home caant wait

I know how you feel, agreed to buy mine in May. Finally picked it up Saturday. Well worth the wait though :)
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 11:10 #15 

geesmith
Waiting is a necessary excercise and having plenty of practice at it is a great help in life.

Today is the most important day of your life so don't start wishing it away. Tomorrow will become the most important day when it arrives. Being human means that we are aware that tomorrow is coming. When that particular day arrives when you have just stepped into your fully legal car for the first time it will be a marvelous day that you will remember for a long time.... but today is the day you have to get through with as little stress as possible to ensure a full quota of tomorrows...

Invoice to follow.

: )

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 14:36 #16 

Thomas 75 connie
geesmith wrote:Waiting is a necessary excercise and having plenty of practice at it is a great help in life.

Today is the most important day of your life so don't start wishing it away. Tomorrow will become the most important day when it arrives. Being human means that we are aware that tomorrow is coming. When that particular day arrives when you have just stepped into your fully legal car for the first time it will be a marvelous day that you will remember for a long time.... but today is the day you have to get through with as little stress as possible to ensure a full quota of tomorrows...

Invoice to follow.

: )

I like that it's true I would never drive illegally

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 19:15 #17