down again by kevin (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

kevin
I see the other side is down again, :oops:
lucky when I cant sleep there is this one now. :stirer:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 05:04 #1 

Last edited by kevin on 17 Jun 2010, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

Rammie
7.17 am and still down :confused:
Brian

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 06:17 #2 

Mike
7.50am and still down...........................

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 06:50 #3 

Rammie
Think this one had a slight blip too, or could I be wrong?
Brian

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 06:52 #4 

stevemac
"there but for the grace of God, go I"
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 06:58 #5 

hbb
(Site Admin)
Yertiz wrote:Think this one had a slight blip too, or could I be wrong?
Yes, it did - the same problem we had just after it went live & I thought I'd fixed it. However, I can live with a reboot once a week for a while longer till we move it to a new server. In the meantime I'll tweak the web server settings a little more which. That should extend the time between reboots & might even fix the problem completely :)

If anyone wants to know the techie details: It looks like there is a memory leak in one of the Apache modules. By lowering the maximum number of reuses per worker process, the workers are killed & restarted before they can cause the system to run out of memory & hence lock it up.
This space accidentally left blank/

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:03 #6 

kevin
hbb wrote:
Yertiz wrote:
If anyone wants to know the techie details: It looks like there is a memory leak in one of the Apache modules. By lowering the maximum number of reuses per worker process, the workers are killed & restarted before they can cause the system to run out of memory & hence lock it up.

Is this :spam: or was I unable to understand it. :confused: :roll:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:10 #7 

Rammie
kevin wrote:
hbb wrote:
Yertiz wrote:

Is this :spam: or was I unable to understand it. :confused: :roll:

Trust me!!
Nothing to do with me, it's all gobblydigook to me :window:
Brian

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:19 #8 

hbb
(Site Admin)
'Twas techspeak. If I don't post the "reasons why" someone will always ask so years ago I started pre-empting them. Feel free to ignore it :)

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:23 #9 

Rammie
hbb wrote:'Twas techspeak. If I don't post the "reasons why" someone will always ask so years ago I started pre-empting them. Feel free to ignore it :)

The trouble is, as I read it, it makes the quote appear to be from me :confused:

Anyway, with the problems on the other side it would be a good time to canvas for new members :lol: :lol:
Brian

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:30 #10 

Messenger
Still down at 8:50, oh well I have work to do anyway! :)

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:49 #11 

Dave
hbb wrote:If anyone wants to know the techie details: It looks like there is a memory leak in one of the Apache modules. By lowering the maximum number of reuses per worker process, the workers are killed & restarted before they can cause the system to run out of memory & hence lock it up.

I thought that was obvious...... :gmc:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 09:36 #12 

hbb
(Site Admin)
Yertiz wrote:The trouble is, as I read it, it makes the quote appear to be from me :confused:

I thought it was something I'd done but it wasn't :) It's easy enough to get quoting in a twist.

Yertiz wrote:Anyway, with the problems on the other side it would be a good time to canvas for new members :lol: :lol:

Oh dear. What a shame.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 10:54 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Dave (hbb) a good dose of Techspeak in the morning just gives me brain ache.:D :D

We can't prevent anybody canvassing for new members from other forums. :panic: It's a free country and the internet is even more so. :thumbsup:

Obviously we can't condone it. :4: :gmc:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 12:15 #14 

Jürgen
hbb wrote:If anyone wants to know the techie details: It looks like there is a memory leak in one of the Apache modules. By lowering the maximum number of reuses per worker process, the workers are killed & restarted before they can cause the system to run out of memory & hence lock it up.

Thanks for sharing a few details, Dave. :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 16:41 #15 

SpongeBob
For those that might have noticed, we had a momentary outage about 5 minutes ago resulting in your browser delivering an "internal server error" message. This was all my fault as I was playing with some core-level functions. Apologies for anyone affected :(

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 16:47 #16 

Jürgen
Didn't notice here. :confused:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 16:50 #17 

SpongeBob
Jürgen wrote:Didn't notice here. :confused:

That can only be a good thing that no-one noticed ;)

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 17:33 #18 

Dave
SpongeBob wrote:
Jürgen wrote:Didn't notice here. :confused:

That can only be a good thing that no-one noticed ;)

Noticed what?

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 17:53 #19 

Rammie
Yertiz wrote:Think this one had a slight blip too, or could I be wrong?

I noticed, do I get a prize?? :stirer:
Brian

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 18:04 #20