Diamond Jubilee River Pageant by podge (Page 1 of 2)

podge
We have been glued to the box this afternoon,priceless,who else could do anything like this.It must have been magic to be there...should have gone but late shift last night.Wonderful stuff,nice to see such patriotism these days.The bunting is staying out this week on this little house!!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/di ... ens-861223

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 18:37 #1 

stevemac
Hi Pete. SWMBO and I are off to the Jubilee Concert tomorrow at the Palace. Look out for us on TV :-D
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 19:35 #2 

Bernard
I dropped in to the TV broadcast on BBC from time to time but I thought that they made a dog's breakfast of it. No continuity and frequent loss of sound and pictures. Lightweight presenters, with one or two exceptions, badly researched and no sense of occasion. It spoiled a grand event for me.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 19:38 #3 

stevemac
Bernard wrote:I dropped in to the TV broadcast on BBC from time to time but I thought that they made a dog's breakfast of it. No continuity and frequent loss of sound and pictures. Lightweight presenters, with one or two exceptions, badly researched and no sense of occasion. It spoiled a grand event for me.

Bah humbug ;)
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 21:10 #4 

Borg Warner
Watched some of it and listened some on the radio whilst working on the B. Makes your proud to be British, especially when the choir were singing Land of Hope and Glory whilst getting soaked.

Loved it.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 21:23 #5 

Mofo
Borg Warner wrote:Watched some of it and listened some on the radio whilst working on the B. Makes your proud to be British, especially when the choir were singing Land of Hope and Glory whilst getting soaked.

Loved it.

Soaked to the skin and freezing, but they still sung their hearts out.

Was great - loved every minute of it, even the weather induced loss of sound / pictures :unionflag:

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 22:15 #6 

zojosc
No other country could have pulled of this sort of event. Let's be proud to be British for a short while before the politicians, yobs and scroungers bring us back down to earth.The Queens stamina was amazing. "GOD BLESS YOU MA'AM" :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 06:38 #7 

Borg Warner
zojosc wrote:No other country could have pulled of this sort of event. Let's be proud to be British for a short while before the politicians, yobs and scroungers bring us back down to earth.The Queens stamina was amazing. "GOD BLESS YOU MA'AM" :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

:unionflag: :iagree: :unionflag: :iagree: :unionflag: :iagree:

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 11:20 #8 

jads 51
zojosc wrote:No other country could have pulled of this sort of event. Let's be proud to be British for a short while before the politicians, yobs and scroungers bring us back down to earth.The Queens stamina was amazing. "GOD BLESS YOU MA'AM" :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

too true and still more to come what a great nation we are at times like this

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 11:37 #9 

Borg Warner
Looks like poor Phil took a turn for the worse. Hope it's not too bad.

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 18:29 #10 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I dropped in to the TV broadcast on BBC from time to time but I thought that they made a dog's breakfast of it. No continuity and frequent loss of sound and pictures. Lightweight presenters, with one or two exceptions, badly researched and no sense of occasion. It spoiled a grand event for me.

Much as I'm reluctant to say it, Sky seemed to do an altogether more creditable job. We occasionally swapped from one to the other and the BBC seemed cheap, ill-prepared and amateurish by comparison.

I mean, "HRH the Queen", what a plonker :lol:

A brilliant spectacle though and one which I thought was well worth it.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 20:09 #11 

zojosc
As much as I like and admire Stevie Wonder, why was he chosen as an American? Surely there must of been other acts from within the Comonwealth
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 22:11 #12 

Jürgen
He's from a colony, isn't he?

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 13:59 #13 

Borg Warner
We even have a patriotic dog.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:01 #14 

pob06
Fantastic, enjoying every minute, glad to be British and nice to see the Union Flag flying high.

Isnt it nice for once to see British people smiling, happy and celebrating....far too cynical these days.
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:24 #15 

Duncan
Likewise. Why lead the flypast was led by a DC3? I'm sure there's a reason, but it would be nice if it were explained.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:35 #16 

Duncan
Oh and the Corgi is on order from the bay!

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:36 #17 

pob06
Enjoyed the flypast, always loved the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane. Good to see the Red Arrows. Would have loved it even more if the Vulcan and Concorde could have flown by as well :-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:42 #18 

stevemac
Duncan wrote:Likewise. Why lead the flypast was led by a DC3? I'm sure there's a reason, but it would be nice if it were explained.

I would guess from a practical reason. You would put the smaller aircraft (less turbulant) first so that the larger aircraft can fly closer behind.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 15:23 #19 

raistlin
Did you see the way the King Air on the right as you viewed was twitching and bucking? I guess that's the downside of flying so low over a city.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 15:39 #20