Delayed emails by hbb

hbb
(Site Admin)
Anyone with an email address on AOL, Yahoo, BTInternet and any other services run by them will currently be experiencing emails being sent by this board (e.e. new post notifications) being delayed :mad1: .

This is due to the server suddenly starting to send many more messages through these systems than they have seen from it before so they need to check it's "reputation" before deciding whether it's spamming or not. Even when emails are allowed through, they may had images and links removed. You can change this behaviour by going to your email control panel (on AOL, Yahoo, whoever's web site) and adding "www-data@lowlightimages.com" to your whitelist.

In any case, the aforesaid mail servers should sort themselves out over the next 24 hours and all should be well.
This space accidentally left blank/

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 08:25 #1 

takestock
Oooo, we have an IT department :D :window:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 17:04 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:Oooo, we have an IT department :D :window:

That's Nuvver Dave. :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 17:13 #3 

Ragman
To be honest had not noticed any issues

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 00:46 #4 

Tootall
My emails where stuck in my spam folder - BT account.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:15 #5 

Tootall
hbb wrote:Anyone with an email address on AOL, Yahoo, BTInternet and any other services run by them will currently be experiencing emails being sent by this board (e.e. new post notifications) being delayed :mad1: .

Still not receiving any e-mails to notify me of a reply to a thread that i am subscribed to :confused:

BTW just noticed a box that has to be ticked below this reply box, could this not be made as a de-fault option as i would say people are not used to ticking the box every time they post a reply in a new thread.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:04 #6 

kandyman
Tootall wrote:
hbb wrote:Anyone with an email address on AOL, Yahoo, BTInternet and any other services run by them will currently be experiencing emails being sent by this board (e.e. new post notifications) being delayed :mad1: .

Still not receiving any e-mails to notify me of a reply to a thread that i am subscribed to :confused:

BTW just noticed a box that has to be ticked below this reply box, could this not be made as a de-fault option as i would say people are not used to ticking the box every time they post a reply in a new thread.

Go to your User control panel http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post
Then
> Board preferences
Then
> Edit posting defaults
and make sure the
"Notify me upon replies by default" is ticked :

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:24 #7 

Rammie
kandyman wrote:
Tootall wrote:

Go to your User control panel http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post
Then
> Board preferences
Then
> Edit posting defaults
and make sure the
"Notify me upon replies by default" is ticked :

Hi, I have done all that from the beginning and I still don't get any emails relating to replies, could be me of course :window:
Brian

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 10:39 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yertiz wrote:
Hi, I have done all that from the beginning and I still don't get any emails relating to replies, could be me of course :window:

The reply function appears to working correctly as I have just done some extensive testing. All I can think of your mail from here is being filtered by BT perhaps or locally on your own email tool. The from address is 75ztcommunity@mmcomputing.co.uk The subject will be Topic reply notification - "sub name" Hope you can locate them. :) To is the address you signed up with. I won't post that in public. If you need to double check have a look in your User CP.

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 11:01 #9 

Rammie
Mick wrote:
Yertiz wrote:

The reply function appears to working correctly as I have just done some extensive testing. All I can think of your mail from here is being filtered by BT perhaps or locally on your own email tool. The from address is 75ztcommunity@mmcomputing.co.uk The subject will be Topic reply notification - "sub name" Hope you can locate them. :) To is the address you signed up with. I won't post that in public. If you need to double check have a look in your User CP.

Hi Mick,
Well, I have checked everything at my end and I have never had any messages from that address.
My subscribed list shows up on my CP but nothing has arrived here.
I have also checked my e.mail address in my CP and this is also correct.
It works fine on "other" forums but not on this one at present.
Not sure where to go now?? :confused:
Brian

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 13:40 #10 

JohnDotCom
Who is your IP is it BT by any chance?
With this company all the emails from this club seem to be filtered before you receive them and put in the Spam folder,
Just check and click not spam on them and from then on they are received OK.

Some other Internet Providers also use this system so worth checking if you are having problems receiving.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:02 #11 

Rammie
JohnDotCom wrote:Who is your IP is it BT by any chance?
With this company all the emails from this club seem to be filtered before you receive them and put in the Spam folder,

Some other Internet Providers also use this system so worth checking if you are having problems receiving.

Hi John,
Yes it is BT but not one message has been filtered as Spam, cos I haven't had any from the forum!!
I have added the address to my whitelist, just in case but I have never had anything come from 75ZT Community to date.
I do, however, live in hope as it's a RPITA to check all the subscriptions to see if anyone has replied etc :confused:

Of course it could be that no-one has replied, billy no mates :lol: :lol: :lol:

Addendum:
As a self test, I sent myself an email from the forum and that has never arrived either :confused: So I don't know what it is.
Is anyone else having similar problems??
Brian

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:18 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yertiz wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:Who is your IP is it BT by any chance?

Hi John,
Yes it is BT but not one message has been filtered as Spam, cos I haven't had any from the forum!!
I have added the address to my whitelist, just in case but I have never had anything come from 75ZT Community to date.
I do, however, live in hope as it's a RPITA to check all the subscriptions to see if anyone has replied etc :confused:

Of course it could be that no-one has replied, billy no mates :lol: :lol: :lol:

Addendum:
As a self test, I sent myself an email from the forum and that has never arrived either :confused: So I don't know what it is.
Is anyone else having similar problems??

No one else has said so. I'll send you an email now, tell me if it arrives. One direct from the forum and one from my mail tool they both are using the same smtp server and addresses. One from forum will be test 1 and one from local will be test 2

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:33 #13 

Rammie
Cheers Mick,
Nothing as yet from either one, 15.40
I am getting my normal emails so I would think it must be something to do with my registered email address, maybe?

Brian
Brian

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:40 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yertiz wrote:Cheers Mick,
Nothing as yet from either one, 15.40
I am getting my normal emails so I would think it must be something to do with my registered email address, maybe?

Brian

BT Yahoo registered addresses only relates to outgoing that want to send through their smtp server, nothing to do with incoming.

Log in to BT Yahoo mail and check spam preferences, if it is set to automatically filter spam it may be deleting instead of moving to spam folder. It is on by default. I have switched mine off, interfering so and so's

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:46 #15 

Rammie
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again Mick.
Brian

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 15:07 #16 

Tootall
SWMBO has logged onto the "new look" BT yahoo mail page which now gives you the option to check your spam box then any emails that are sitting in it can down be marked as "not spam". :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 17:31 #17