Daily use by MN190

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MN190
Any issues to be aware of other than fuel use as a sort of daily car. I don't think this will be much different with a V8 than a v6.
I car share most of the time so only use the my car every other week and the distance to work is only 7 miles each way
The 190 is fine with this but I want a V8 and have the use of a couple of company cars for works related travel (due to the type of cars these are these do less mpg then my V6 :mrgreen: )

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 01:00 #1 

Zeb
Whilst my 190 is off road I am using the 8 for a daily 10 mile drive...I have been pleasantly surprised how far I can get for £30! No major issues to worry about with it as a daily driver...many owners have it as their only car.

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 07:35 #2 

Bernard
I use mine similarly most days. The only grumble that I have is that it takes nearly half the distance to warm up fully and my feet are cold.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 11:24 #3 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:I use mine similarly most days. The only grumble that I have is that it takes nearly half the distance to warm up fully and my feet are cold.

you sound like bev :lol:

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 20:57 #4 

Ragman
Very odd Bernard as one of the features of these motors is they reach operating temp very quickly

And no issues using them as a daily drive, only real thing to watch is distance covered is enough to recharge the battery after starting

Posted 05 Mar 2011, 23:26 #5 

Bernard
Ragman wrote:Very odd Bernard as one of the features of these motors is they reach operating temp very quickly

And no issues using them as a daily drive, only real thing to watch is distance covered is enough to recharge the battery after starting

Problem is that I'm comparing it with the V6 which really does heat up quickly.
As a matter of interest and as a very rough pointer, how far do you have to go before the temp. needle is at 9 O'clock in the V8?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 10:44 #6 

Ragman
Only a mile or so

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 11:26 #7 

Zeb
Ragman wrote:Only a mile or so

Same here...

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 18:44 #8 

MN190
Ragman wrote:And no issues using them as a daily drive, only real thing to watch is distance covered is enough to recharge the battery after starting

Same with the V6 so I pop the battery charger on it every weekend if not going anywhere else

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 19:52 #9 

Ragman
Then you'll be fine - go for it

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 20:07 #10 

Tim
You'll hardly know the difference. :D

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 21:23 #11 

woolleysox
I still use mine for work and can use a full tank of gogo juice in a day (ouch) still the company pay hehe not so bad after all
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 09 Mar 2011, 16:37 #12 

Stu C
Nothing to worry about using them daily, might be on first name terms with the petrol station operator lol! But mines my only car and use it all the time, and is muc better then using the V6 as my only motor ;) 8-)

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 14:47 #13 

RV75V8
Same here. I've been using mine most work days for 2 1/2 years. No problems, and I find the fuel use fairly reasonable as long as I don't cane her (much....)

:D
Beautiful car, Beautiful country, Beautiful Roads ....Paradise!

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 01:40 #14