Cruise Switch - Clutch Pedal by MrB

MrB
While bleeding the clutch I noticed the Cruise Switch for the Clutch pedal was just flapping around above the pedal.

I can't however see where it connects to the pedal - it isn't obvious when on your back staring up into the pedal box area.

I can see a slotted area on one of the sections of the switch, which obviously slides over something, but just can't see what/where?

Does anyone have a pic or can describe where I need to connect this switch to the pedal.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 08:30 #1 

MrB
Just wanted to clarify - I know this has been covered a lot in that the switch comes loose.

However, mine is away from the pedal. It isn't obvious where at the top of the pedal the switch slots in.

One end seems to be black and the other white - which end faces the pedal??

Hope this clarifies exactly what I am asking.

Thanks

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 12:23 #2 

Duncan
The connector is at one end of the switch. The other end is the one that goes to the peadl.

The switch is at the top of the pedal, above the pivot, and fits between the pedal and the bulkhead. That is, it is forward in car line, of the pedal.

There should be a white switch, and a black retainer, perhaps this is what you are seeing. The black retainer may be in the hole, but if so, not sure why your switch is two colours. Mine was just one.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 13:20 #3 

MrB
Duncan

Thanks a lot.

Am at work and writing all this from memory. I just remember white and black sections - could be white section was within the black retainer as you describe.

So there should be a square section at the top of the pedal that this switch assembly and retainer slide into?

I will hopefully have another look this evening, weather permitting.

Chris

Edit - have found the pic below with a listing on eBay for a 75 pedal box - does this assembly slide into the area circled?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 13:38 #4 

raistlin
From what I remember, the switch doesn't really slide in. It has ridges and sort of multiple clicks in like a ratchet sort of noise.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:17 #5 

Duncan
Yes, the hole in the picture is where it goes. You can just see the little finger sticking out of the top of the pedal in front of wher the switch goes.

Pictured as it is it goes in from behind.

The best way is to put the retainer in first, then push the switch in which as Paul says, clicks in like a sort of ratchet, though I would still have called that sliding, just a clicky sliding. (sorry Paul :mrgreen: )

Push the switch as far as it will go. The flat end away from the connector should end up touching that litlle sticky up bit. It's the prrsence or absence of that bit of metal that operates the hall switch inside.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 16:29 #6 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:just a clicky sliding.

Couldn't have put it better Duncan :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 17:12 #7 

Last edited by raistlin on 17 Jul 2010, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

MrB
Thanks a lot guys.

I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

Spent this evening fitting and wiring in the Kenlowe and refitting the front end. First time it hasn't rained in the evening all week.

Didn't quite get everything back on, but hopefully will tomorrow.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 22:41 #8