Converting .TS files from an HDR, to something editable? by Duncan

Duncan
Trying to find a nice simple utility to extract the data out of a .TS transport stream from our humax freeasat recorder. Only SD, no need for HD.

OH, likes to have DVDs of some TV programs, for use in lessons.

I have video editing software that can edit up, and create the CD, but it balks at the .TS files. Windows movie maker is happy with the TS, but will only save a WMV, not make a DVD.

There seems to be a few options when I search t'internet. Some are pay, and not cheap, which I don't fancy for the odd disc for someone elses work. I found one free one and it doesn't work. To be honest I'm nervous of downloads anyway as who knows what your ar actually downloading.

So, anyone know of any tool that does this reliably, and preferably free.

Posted 04 Feb 2011, 21:14 #1 

JohnDotCom
Don't know of any cheap ones personally.
A quick bump in case anyone knows of cheap or free.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 09:28 #2 

Duncan
Well, windows movie maker and dvd maker wil do it, if you want a special effects version with strobe lighting and that jerky movement. I got a pay program trial and used that, but any DVD player freezes at 2:34.

I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 20:08 #3 

Duncan
Right, in case anyone else finds this useful.

The pay program VideoReDo can do the job, but put a glitch (or did something odd with an existing glitch) in my convertedd file. Editing that out using my video editing software and it works.

However tonight I have found a free bit of software that does the same job, and doesn't seem to have exprted the DVD player freezing glitch. So if you need to get files off a Humax HDR or a Topfield PVR, into a format you can edit, I can recommend a programme called ProjextX as thoroughly suitable. You can then use any standard video editing software, including windows movie maker / dvd maker.

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 20:26 #4 

Ragman
I don't even understand the question

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 23:46 #5 

Duncan
Ragman wrote:I don't even understand the question

I wasn't trying to be techy or exclusive, sorry. But I think it needed the detail, to explain the issue.

Posted 08 Feb 2011, 08:08 #6