Chris Huhne. by raistlin

  • Related topics: (no related topics)

User avatar
raistlin
Him and his ex are both charged with perverting the course of justice.

Now that would be an interesting case to follow ;)

What hacks me off though is that he's "entitled" to over £17k for stepping down from his ministerial position.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 19:48 #1 

User avatar
Bermudan 75
Can't you get seconded to Westminster Magistrates for this one?
Image

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 19:50 #2 

User avatar
raistlin
It's an indictable only offence Mike. The Magistrates' Court involvement will be no more than formally sending it to Crown Court and deciding upon bail.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 19:55 #3 

User avatar
Bermudan 75
Oh I see.....so no chance of a public hanging then?
Image

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 20:02 #4 

User avatar
Tourerfogey
Chris Huhne is my constituency MP here in Hampshire (no, I DIDN'T vote for him) and I've been watching this with interest. If found guilty he will be the second MP to fall from grace in this constituency - the other being the late Stephen Milligan (Conservative) who was found dead in his London flat following what appeared to be a 'game' involving woman's underwear and an orange . . . :shock:

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 22:37 #5 

User avatar
MN190
raistlin wrote:What hacks me off though is that he's "entitled" to over £17k for stepping down from his ministerial position.

Wonder if there will be the same demand for him to do the honourable thing and if he will waive his right to this.

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 22:47 #6 


PaulT
raistlin wrote:Him and his ex are both charged with perverting the course of justice.

Now that would be an interesting case to follow ;)

What hacks me off though is that he's "entitled" to over £17k for stepping down from his ministerial position.


What comes of making the rules that affect you yourself, as MPs do.

Cameron did say that it was up to him whether he took it - with his wealth it is probably equivalent to the small change in his pockets.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Image

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 08:56 #7 

User avatar
Bermudan 75
Now that is the sort of small change that I would not mind having at the moment. :lol:
Image

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 09:32 #8 

User avatar
Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:Chris Huhne is my constituency MP here in Hampshire (no, I DIDN'T vote for him) and I've been watching this with interest. If found guilty he will be the second MP to fall from grace in this constituency - the other being the late Stephen Milligan (Conservative) who was found dead in his London flat following what appeared to be a 'game' involving woman's underwear and an orange . . . :shock:



It is that sea air.....:D

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 10:26 #9 


Top

cron